How badly is Sid hurt | Syracusefan.com

How badly is Sid hurt

kcsu

Living Legend
Obviously he is injured. What is the real story?

Well, I dont think we can judge the severity of his injury strictly based on his playtime time today. It could at least be partially explained by Moyer's effectiveness resulting in Marek being used to sub the 5 spot instead of the 4, especially vs a team with a weak front-court

He couldn't move tonight. Is obvious he is injured.

He has some time to rest it.
Tendinitis is tricky. You just cant completely rest. It requires a tailored rehab that combines limited PT at the right time. If done well it is 6 weeks minimum. I really hope it is the ankle.

Bourama has tendinitis in his knee and an ankle issue too now. It's not good, He was dragging his leg behind him. We have bad luck keeping our centers healthy.

I'd shut him down until Georgetown and Govan. We don't need him against Colgate. Use the next 10 days to just get him treatment. See if that helps a little. Govan is one of the best bigs in the country. Really need Bourama to help in that one or Govan will drop 25 on us in his sleep. Even if Bourama can give us 10-12 effective minutes in that one, it would be big.

JB being his supportive self.

I know everyone hates ol' JB but I love that comment. There is literally zero argument outside of that. Spew some coach speak, make everyone happy, I'm fine with it. But JB is 100% accurate -- there is no real explanation for Moyer playing out of his mind tonight and there is no adjective for his season up until this point other than putrid. I'm not killing the kid, he just hasn't been good ... at all.

I don't know man, when you're averaging 1 ppg as a starter, there's not much more to say.

How about saying nothing? "Matt had a really good game tonight. We need more of THAT." Message sent without belittling the player.

What good did his comments do? Let the kid enjoy his night without hearing his coach he's trying to be nice by saying he's horrible.

I guess Moyer learned how to play JB's whipping boy from Roberson. This is ridiculous for a coach to say, true or not.
Iommi, i genuinely do not understand you as a poster sometimes. You shred JB for his comments about Moyer (which were true) but you have a 3 paragraph hot take eviscerating Frank Howard in a public forum. You interview and have relationships with both recruits and current players... did you think twice about your post about Frank or nah? Do you hold yourself to a certain standard as someone connected to the team and players, or are you just “speaking truthfully?”

How about saying nothing? "Matt had a really good game tonight. We need more of THAT." Message sent without belittling the player.

What good did his comments do? Let the kid enjoy his night without hearing his coach he's trying to be nice by saying he's horrible.

I get it. I do. But I think some really react strongly to JB when he's making more of a light-hearted comment. I think he likes Moyer but wants more out of him. I also think Moyer was really remarkably bad for most of the previous seven games and, out of nowhere, really, really good tonight. I don't know, I get why people get upset but sports for me was always -- if you're good enough you play, if you're not, you don't. And very few coaches ever said anything nice. I'm not saying it's ideal, but I think it gets blown out of proportion here.

Iommi, i genuinely do not understand you as a poster sometimes. You shred JB for his comments about Moyer (which were true) but you have a 3 paragraph hot take eviscerating Frank Howard in a public forum. You interview and have relationships with both recruits and current players... did you think twice about your post about Frank or nah? Do you hold yourself to a certain standard as someone connected to the team and players, or are you just “speaking truthfully?”

I'm just speaking truthfully or what I believe to be the truth. Frank had a terrible game. He didn't hustle back on numerous occasions. Those are not opinions. Well, I guess it's my opinion that he had a horrible game but the facts (stats) back me up on that.

I have been very consistent in my criticism of JB as far as publicly ripping his players. I said it didn't help Roberson. Matt will probably laugh it off but what was gained? That's all I said. JB is gonna JB. I don't have to like everything he does.

As for my criticisms of Frank, I've been fair to him and applauded him when he played well this year (which was pretty much all year). If he ran back on defense tonight when he committed those turnovers, I probably wouldn't have been so pointed in my criticisms. I have no tolerance for players who don't hustle.

In the last football game against BC, a writer on Twitter expressed concern that the SU players were not putting in 100% effort. The writer used a vulgarity and Pete Moore jumped in and said his criticisms were inappropriate (not just the language but also questioning the players' effort).

What is wrong with being honest if you see guys not giving 100%? What's wrong with saying JB shouldn't be ripping his own players? I'm not the coach. I'm not a mouthpiece for the team. I'm opinionated and I don't apologize for it. And I certainly didn't say anything out of line about JB or FH. Not even close. I don't want to see FH throw away the goodwill he's built up by dogging it at there. He did that a few times tonight and it was disconcerting.

This board sometimes.

Last edited:
I get it. I do. But I think some really react strongly to JB when he's making more of a light-hearted comment. I think he likes Moyer but wants more out of him. I also think Moyer was really remarkably bad for most of the previous seven games and, out of nowhere, really, really good tonight. I don't know, I get why people get upset but sports for me was always -- if you're good enough you play, if you're not, you don't. And very few coaches ever said anything nice. I'm not saying it's ideal, but I think it gets blown out of proportion here.

That's fair. I just don't want to go down the Roberson road again. Simple as that.

What is wrong with being honest if you see guys not giving 100%? What's wrong with saying JB shouldn't be ripping his own players?

So you're allowed to be "honest" but Boeheim isn't?

If you can't tell that Moyer's improvement today was a matter of greater effort, then you're oblivious. Was he playing with that tenacity in the other games? Obviously not. Boeheim called him out (in a fairly tame manner). If he's so delicate that he feels that's "ripping" him, we're doomed anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom