How 'bout Marek's stat line? | Syracusefan.com

How 'bout Marek's stat line?

I wonder how much he would have played if Moyer doesn’t get hurt. He made a couple early mistakes and jb got mad at him but didn’t take him out. JB may have looked at Moyer as the better option this game. Good for Marek for stepping up when given the extended time. When he’s playing well he’s fun to watch.

12 pts on 4/4 shooting and 4/4 FTs
8 boards (2 offensive)
2 asst, 2 stl, 1 blk
0 TO

Loved it. I'm an unabashed Marek homer. Just love the way he plays the game. As nice as the stats are he just does so many little things. There was a pass to him on the FT line where the BC defender was trying to sneak in from behind and Dolezaj takes a step toward the ball and sticks his butt into the defender -- avoiding a potential turnover -- then bounces a pass to Chuwku for two. When the BC kid missed the wide open breakaway, Dolezaj gets the rebound and in one motion throws it upcourt to Howard. Nothing came of it but I liked the thought -- no wasted time. When the defense is in scramble mode -- he's exceptional. Just excellent instincts on that end. Even when guys make threes on him in the zone, he's got a hand in their face. Just never easy.

Really like the kid. Hope Moyer heals up and we have a couple bodies to turn to but he's a lot of fun to watch. Looked confident on that FT line jumper too, by the way. Would be really nice if he could knock those down from time to time.

Last edited:
Loved it. I'm an unabashed Marek homer. Just love the way he plays the game. As nice as the stats are he just does so many little things. There was a pass to him on the FT line where the BC defender was trying to sneak in from behind and Dolezaj takes a step toward the ball and sticks his but into the defender -- avoiding a potential turnover -- then bounces a pass to Chuwku for two. When the bC kid missed the wide open breakaway, Dolezaj gets the rebound and in one motion throws it upcourt to Howard. Nothing came of it but I liked the thought -- no wasted time. When the defense is in scramble mode -- he's exception. Just excellent instincts on that end. Even when guys make threes on him in the zone, he's got a hand in their face. Just never easy.

Really like the kid. Hope Moyer heals up and we have a couple bodies to turn to but he's a lot of fun to watch. Looked confident on that FT line jumper too, by the way. Would be really nice if he could knock those down from time to time.
yep he's got that innate hoops sense that not too many players have

Loved it. I'm an unabashed Marek homer. Just love the way he plays the game. As nice as the stats are he just does so many little things. There was a pass to him on the FT line where the BC defender was trying to sneak in from behind and Dolezaj takes a step toward the ball and sticks his butt into the defender -- avoiding a potential turnover -- then bounces a pass to Chuwku for two. When the BC kid missed the wide open breakaway, Dolezaj gets the rebound and in one motion throws it upcourt to Howard. Nothing came of it but I liked the thought -- no wasted time. When the defense is in scramble mode -- he's exceptional. Just excellent instincts on that end. Even when guys make threes on him in the zone, he's got a hand in their face. Just never easy.

Let's hope he has the confidence to knock that FT line jumper down if put there against Pitt's zone.

Let's hope he has the confidence to knock that FT line jumper down if put there against Pitt's zone.

I was shocked when he took that shot last night and even more shocked when he made it. I wonder if he was playing relaxed knowing there was no quick hook coming from JB? Anyway, I need to see more of that midrange game from Marek & Matt (when he returns).

Now let's see him do that every night.

Exactly. Very encouraged by his game but this was his first ACC game where he really showed up. Hopefully he can build off this and be more productive against more formidable ACC front lines.

I would love to see our points per possession when Marek touches the ball vs when he doesn't, it just always seems that when he has at least one touch something good happens.

His instinct on how to play is very high. The only time he hurts us is when he is physically mauled. If he sticks around his upside is going to be very high.

These are the types of teams he can have success against. BC's bigs stink and are not athletic. Marek's below the rim game works better against other below the rim players. He hasn't shown he can finish against anybody with athleticism thus far.

Hope he can get that FT area jumper down and can hit a few against Pitt.

One thing I like about Marek is how he thoughtfully fouls to interrupt other teams' fast breaks. He's done this about 5-6 times during the season -- always fouls on the floor and makes a play on the ball as to not get called for an intentional foul. Given that he normally plays limited minutes, it's definitely the right move when we aren't in the bonus (and sometimes it can be defensible in the single-bonus).

One thing I like about Marek is how he thoughtfully fouls to interrupt other teams' fast breaks. He's done this about 5-6 times during the season -- always fouls on the floor and makes a play on the ball as to not get called for an intentional foul. Given that he normally plays limited minutes, it's definitely the right move when we aren't in the bonus (and sometimes it can be defensible in the single-bonus).
He might want to rethink this strategy if the team is now down to three healthy frontcourt players.

I loved the old man mini-hook shot that he took in the lane. Pretty sure he was flat footed (or nearly) when he took it as well.

he's going to tear up the tavern leagues someday. and he'll fit right in with guys 40 years older than he is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom