How come Nassib never runs? | Syracusefan.com

How come Nassib never runs?

I don't know ... it's frustrating to see a guy that big and strong who can actually run just crumble when any defender comes near him, even the ones who are slower than him. I sure hope he's not being coached to just tuck the ball and go down every time like he does.

The whole team is like that. Hardly ever break a tackle or make a defender miss. The other thing that kills me is the whiffed blocks. Both on the line and outside. Can't even get in the defenders way sometimes. There was one play today where it looked like the T, G and TE tripled a guy and the LB or S was untouched and sacked Nassib. So frustrating.

The funny thing on here is that many people have been upset that the playcalling hasn't included Nassib running the ball. Really - lol, do people watch these games. You want Nassib running the ball - that is funny as hell. When the pocket breaks down and there is a clear lane in front of him (for a first down) he still can't figure out whether to run the ball or not.

Some quarterbacks just never feel comfortable running. Unfortunately it seems like Ryan is one of those. The quarterbacks behind him (Kinder, Hunt) and the one coming in (Broyld) are mobile guys that fit that mold a little better of dual threat types. Ryan is a drop back guy who is very streaky. Couldn't hit the side of a barn in the first half but, to his credit, gathered himself at half and came out on fire. The pick in the second half was a killer. That said, I like his guts and leadership, just wish he were more accurate and consistent. Of course I can say that about the oline and the receivers as well (outside of lemon today who was great, way too many drops).

Ryan was taking off early on last year. Seemed obvious, to me anyway, the coaches put a stop to it. Green lighted him again in the Pinstripe Bowl, nothing to lose at this point.

The answer to the question is likely that the 3rd year and 2nd year QBs behind him are a long way from being game ready.

I'm not sure I want him doing planned runs where he has to run it even when it's not there. But I'd like him to run when he sees an opening occassional to keep the defense honest.

I've been wondering this for 2 years and that's what I asked Coach marrone on last week's show (See SWC write up)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom