How Does Mike G Change Recruitment for '13-'14 | Syracusefan.com

How Does Mike G Change Recruitment for '13-'14

arbitragegls

All Conference
Now that we know Mike G is on the way and will be playing in '13...how does this change 'Cuse recruitment for '13-'14? For example, does this change "NEED" for '13-'14 SG and SF...does 'Cuse continue to go after the names we have heard or do we CHANGE objectives for these classes...SG and SF seem to be in good shape with TC and MG at 2-g and Grant, Fair, and MG at SF?

Comments please.

I think the MG get just magnifies the focus on a pg. There is a huge gap between getting a pg and everything else. There really seems like a need for 2 pgs. Two ball-handlers. Cooney has not been known for his ballhandling and the 6'6" MG doesn't fill the need either.

As of now the '13-'14 squad is a title contender. 3 McDs and a Sr CJ. The weak link is the backup pg, another ballhandler (we lose Triche with no replacement currently in the pipeline).
If something happened with MCW - early pro defection or injury - the pg position is a complete question mark in '13. That is not good.

There was talk of Ennis waiting until Fall or, god forbid, Spring for his decision. I don't think the staff can wait. Seems like the staff will have to assess the other pg candidates in terms of their fit and when they would decide. I would think the staff would be pursuing a commitment from a pg by the end of the summer. If Ennis won't do it, get the best that will.

It's still very important to get a PG in that class. If we fail to land a top PG, who can step in right away, then Gbinije lessens the blow. Cooney is not a terrific ball handler, but if worst comes to worst, he could handle bringing the ball up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom