How does this happen | Syracusefan.com

How does this happen

sabach

All American
Victim 6 is taken into the locker rooms and showers when he is 11 years old. When Victim 6 is dropped off at home, his hair is wet from showering with Sandusky. His mother reports the incident to the university police, who investigate.

Detective Ronald Schreffler testifies that he and State College Police Department Detective Ralph Ralston, with the consent of the mother of Victim 6, eavesdrop on two conversations the mother of Victim 6 has with Sandusky. Sandusky says he has showered with other boys and Victim 6's mother tries to make Sandusky promise never to shower with a boy again but he will not. At the end of the second conversation, after Sandusky is told he cannot see Victim 6 anymore, Schreffler testifies Sandusky says, "I understand. I was wrong. I wish I could get forgiveness. I know I won't get it from you. I wish I were dead."

Jerry Lauro, an investigator with the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare, testifies he and Schreffler interviewed Sandusky, and that Sandusky admits showering naked with Victim 6, admits to hugging Victim 6 while in the shower and admits that it was wrong.

The case is closed after then-Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar decides there will be no criminal charge.

how does it happen? easy, it is one big massive cover-up that reaches so far and wide that we can't even comprehend it.

how does it happen? easy, it is one big massive cover-up that reaches so far and wide that we can't even comprehend it.
Agree. It is amazing to me that Gricar is missing and presumed dead.

Indeed. No doubt there may be some very powerful people involved, with the means to cover it up and will likely do anything to keep it from coming to light.

Exactly and its going to get ugly (well much uglier even though that doesn't seem possible). This will wind up being handled by the feds because honestly you cannot be sure of anyone involved withe the school, local law enforcement or even PA politics.

Victim 6 is taken into the locker rooms and showers when he is 11 years old. When Victim 6 is dropped off at home, his hair is wet from showering with Sandusky. His mother reports the incident to the university police, who investigate.

Detective Ronald Schreffler testifies that he and State College Police Department Detective Ralph Ralston, with the consent of the mother of Victim 6, eavesdrop on two conversations the mother of Victim 6 has with Sandusky. Sandusky says he has showered with other boys and Victim 6's mother tries to make Sandusky promise never to shower with a boy again but he will not. At the end of the second conversation, after Sandusky is told he cannot see Victim 6 anymore, Schreffler testifies Sandusky says, "I understand. I was wrong. I wish I could get forgiveness. I know I won't get it from you. I wish I were dead."

Jerry Lauro, an investigator with the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare, testifies he and Schreffler interviewed Sandusky, and that Sandusky admits showering naked with Victim 6, admits to hugging Victim 6 while in the shower and admits that it was wrong.

The case is closed after then-Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar decides there will be no criminal charge.

This is the focal point of the whole sordid affair. The entire story revolves around why the DA didn't bring charges and what were the circumstances of Sandusky's retirement? We're gonna find out just how honorable Paterno is/was. Bet any sum of money he was in the middle of this. He better hope that defense lawyer he hired is worth it.

Is that enough to convict? Serious question.

It's been difficult for me to differentiate between (a) pure incompetence and/or failure to take child abuse as serious as it should be taken, and (b) an intentional coverup, at least with regard to the 1998 investigation.

I'm not going to just assume the latter.

Is that enough to convict? Serious question.

It's been difficult for me to differentiate between (a) pure incompetence and/or failure to take child abuse as serious as it should be taken, and (b) an intentional coverup, at least with regard to the 1998 investigation.

I'm not going to just assume the latter.
Sandusky's admissions alone would be sufficient to convict him of some charge, even as limited as endangering the welfare of a child, even if a sexual assault charge was ignored.

God this sounds like the Michael Jackson case all over again...glad the FBI is involved. Sandusky isnt going to last very long in prison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom