How great is this???? | Syracusefan.com

How great is this????

Marsh01

Living Legend
More than once, Few has finished a Gonzaga game and within minutes found a text message from Boeheim.

"We played in Pullman [Wash.] the other night -- that's an 8 o'clock Pacific Time start -- and when the game was over, I get a, 'Great job not calling a timeout,'" Few said. "That's like 2 a.m. his time. He watches basketball all the time. He loves it."

More than once, Few has finished a Gonzaga game and within minutes found a text message from Boeheim.

"We played in Pullman [Wash.] the other night -- that's an 8 o'clock Pacific Time start -- and when the game was over, I get a, 'Great job not calling a timeout,'" Few said. "That's like 2 a.m. his time. He watches basketball all the time. He loves it."
Marsh are you Jimmy B?

Not possible. JB doesn't text. ;)

44cuse

Are Few and Boeheim friends? Seems weird that he would text him like that otherwise. Did they coach together at some point in USA basketball or something?

Are Few and Boeheim friends? Seems weird that he would text him like that otherwise. Did they coach together at some point in USA basketball or something?

Heard that they were pretty good friends

Hey Marsh and others: More random JB info here. A guy I played poker with very recently said he played 3/6 limit Hold 'Em with JB during the Final Four weekend or week at Harrah's in New Orleans last year. He said JB was nice, a bad poker player and very nitty (poker parlance for being a tight player--not aggressive at all). He said he played with him for a few hours and was very unassuming and laid back. The guy I played with played high school hoops and JB knew the coach (don't remember what high school) and so JB was talking to him about that. Random story but figured I'd throw it out there.

Let's all invite JB to become a member of our board when he reitres. His discussions with Igor and Blue Curtain should be interesting.
Has anyone actually seen JB, Blue Curtain, and/ or igor in the same place at the same time? hmmm...

They are friends. Mark Few was a guest coach at a Coaches Vs Cancer event about 10 years ago. Later JB helped Few set up his own Coaches VS Cancer event and JB has been his guest at his charity event.

they are pretty close - Few gave a long discourse on how much JB meant to him during the pre-game media session before SU & Gonzaga met in the 2010 tournament. JB gave him a lot of coaching tips, he & Julie worked with Few and Mrs. Few to help them build their own version of the BasketBall, etc. He spoke of JB in an almost worshiping way.

Let's all invite JB to become a member of our board when he reitres. His discussions with Igor and Blue Curtain should be interesting.

I think he should go post at Syracuse.com for awhile first to ensure he can handle being a high profile poster at a high major message board.

Maybe there were both watching in bed ;)
right. because julie was smitten by fame and money the thoughts of staying up to 2am every night watching basketball.

they're roommates, folks.