How great was McDonough last nite | Syracusefan.com

How great was McDonough last nite

Alsacs

Living Legend
In the last ten minutes he was blatantly rooting for Syracuse and Raft and Bilas were covering for him. When he screamed when BT missed the FT, when Keita made 4 FTs in the last minutes, when the refs called the tic-tac foul on Fair, and when Fair postered Otto Porter. He was awesome last night and really made this game even more special.

I also loved his tribute to Raft in the 2nd game and talking about his coaching career at Seton Hall and how Raft is probably the only part of the Big East EVERYBODY fans, coaches, players all love. I hope these 3 call half of the ACC tournament from now on.

In the last ten minutes he was blatantly rooting for Syracuse and Raft and Bilas were covering for him. When he screamed when BT missed the FT, when Keita made 4 FTs in the last minutes, when the refs called the tic-tac foul on Fair, and when Fair postered Otto Porter. He was awesome last night and really made this game even more special.

I also loved his tribute to Raft in the 2nd game and talking about his coaching career at Seton Hall and how Raft is probably the only part of the Big East EVERYBODY fans, coaches, players all love. I hope these 3 call half of the ACC tournament from now on.

Bilas had a great comment about Keita's FT's, something like "When did Keita become Mark Price?" Loved it.

He was bitching about the stall when SU wasn't stalling. It was at the 6 minute mark after a Triche layup and a run out where Fair missed the layup.

He was bitching about the stall when SU wasn't stalling. It was at the 6 minute mark after a Triche layup and a run out where Fair missed the layup.

It's like he was on a the chatroom. That's like a bunch of people here.

Sean McDonough is a total pro...one of the best in the business.
He's not a homer.
I'm sure he wouldn't be happy to know people think he couldn't control his Orange connection and allowed it to take over his PBP.

All those plays cited - missed FT's...Keita's made FT's and certainly Fair's jam of the decade...were worth getting excited about.
May I suggest that anyone who thinks he was blatantly rooting may be projecting his own feelings onto Sean's calls?

Sean, Bilas and Raf work well together. One of the rare 3-person teams that does. I think the reason why is that they tell it like it is...and come off as 3 guys with whom you're watching the game.

He was actually bitching about it in advance, before any stall had even started - kind of annoyed me at the time. I believe Raf said something like, "let's wait until they actually begin stalling."

It's like he was on a the chatroom. That's like a bunch of people here.

Earlier this year I was watching SU/Seton Hall on a break from work and one of my co-workers was bitching about how terrible they are and they are going to lose this game. It was at the 10 min. mark of the first half. My first thought was this is the chat room come to life.