How has Ross Krautman gotten worse and worse every year? | Syracusefan.com

How has Ross Krautman gotten worse and worse every year?

Czar

All Conference
Seriously. He's gone from 95%, to 79%, to 65%. And it's not looking any better.

how have they not recruited over him? I have been amazed for years about the inability to recruit kickers; we play in a dome half the time. Why wouldn't we always have top kickers, as we once did?

how have they not recruited over him? I have been amazed for years about the inability to recruit kickers; we play in a dome half the time. Why wouldn't we always have top kickers, as we once did?

Not only that, but we've produced the #2 and #18 all-time leading scorers in NFL history at the kicker position. But for some reason we just can never get a consistent kicker out there. It's mindboggling.

Any kick over 40 yards forget it.

I'm also really disappointed that we can't get someone who can consistently put the ball out of the endzone for touchbacks. That's incredibly frustrating.

Ficken was putting them 8 yards deep almost every time. Hell, the kicker at the D3 school where I work puts it into the endzone half the time. How can we not get a kicker who blasts it through the endzone at least as often?

On the other side of special teams, I was actually pleasantly surprised with our punting game/coverage. Granted, the best punt of the day got called back, but there were no shanks, there was solid hangtime, and the only time there was a good return was when Fisher outkicked his coverage team.

The FG miss was horrible.

Punch to the gut.

We must improve.

During the broadcast the ABC/B1G announcers said the reason Ped St went for it on 4th down so much was because of their kicker last year. Maybe we should follow suit. Course we might need some imagination on offense to do that ;)

Yeah, beyond the fact that Krautman has gone downhill, the bigger question (as others stated) is why can't we recruit that position at all?

The FG miss was horrible.

Punch to the gut.

We must improve.
Anyone have the stats on overall college kicking percentages from 43? I suspect it's way less automatic than the board consensus would be.

If we were more willing to go for fourth downs, we could run more on third and long to set up an easier fourth down. Turn a third and nine into a second and nine so to speak

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Anyone have the stats on overall college kicking percentages from 43? I suspect it's way less automatic than the board consensus would be.

If we were more willing to go for fourth downs, we could run more on third and long to set up an easier fourth down. Turn a third and nine into a second and nine so to speak

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Not aggregate data, but some #s on kickers from 40-49.

Krautman is our Chuck Knoblauch when he suddenly could not make a throw from second to first. He's a head case, got the yips, etc.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/kicking/sort/fieldGoalsMade40_49/year/2012/qualified/false/count/41

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom