How hyped are you??? | Syracusefan.com

How hyped are you???

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
I have watched Miami v NC State, and the Ga Tech bowl game, to get to know some of our toughest opponents this season. That's how hyped I am, instead of BBQ in the backyard or going to the beach, I'm watching last year's opponents' film. LOL

I'm taping the Syracuse ACC day on the 12th, that's how hyped I am. I taped the whole 6 hours the day Fran & the boys were at the ACC media week. That's how hyped I am.

And let me tell you, after playing Clemson & Florida State every year, none of these teams is so good that we can't beat them.

North Carolina State reminds me of past defenses of ours that were a bit small, but fast & scrappy. We're bigger and stronger than that now.

Miami has talent, but they don't execute that well on offense under Cristobal.

Georgia Tech had some good DL and LBs last year, but their offense was not consistent. A talented QB, but not amazing, and a good but small RB.

We can beat damn near anybody on this schedule. Now let's go do it!

I was most excited for Nassib's senior year and for Shafers second season with Hunt's second season as a starter.
One of the biggest disappointments since Grob.
I was excited for
the 2019 season even with losing so many key players to graduation. Tommy Devito played so well on 2018 and we had Moe Neal and many super defensive players.
Injuries dashed those hopes.

BUT, this year is different as I think the floor is 7 games and 8 or 9 is not impossible.
Bring it boys

I’m at the beach having a blast.

Looking forward to the season, but enjoying every last bit of summer first.

Thankfully I’m not distracted by Syracuse.com coverage because there is almost none. I suppose I should thank them.

Does coke and hookers every night since the last week count as super excited?

Yes, indeed!

I expect that Stevenson should be checking in as we get closer to kickoff. I foresee a good bourbon, lots of cocaine, and lifting weights for probably 3 hours heading into kickoff.

Raoul Duke would be calling for Monster Dunks from Fadil Diggs and the pass rush.

Kaiser would be saying that the attempted hit on Der Fuhrer was an inside job.

Tomcat will have vintage Ginger Ale and a pre-snap tuba count at the tailgate.

Last edited:
I have watched Miami v NC State, and the Ga Tech bowl game, to get to know some of our toughest opponents this season. That's how hyped I am, instead of BBQ in the backyard or going to the beach, I'm watching last year's opponents' film. LOL

I'm taping the Syracuse ACC day on the 12th, that's how hyped I am. I taped the whole 6 hours the day Fran & the boys were at the ACC media week. That's how hyped I am.

And let me tell you, after playing Clemson & Florida State every year, none of these teams is so good that we can't beat them.

North Carolina State reminds me of past defenses of ours that were a bit small, but fast & scrappy. We're bigger and stronger than that now.

Miami has talent, but they don't execute that well on offense under Cristobal.

Georgia Tech had some good DL and LBs last year, but their offense was not consistent. A talented QB, but not amazing, and a good but small RB.

We can beat damn near anybody on this schedule. Now let's go do it!
the hangover GIF

Is the phrase "slow your roll" appropriate here? Still 4 weeks to go.

I'm getting my Olympics on, then maybe a couple pre-season NFL games. Then it's on like Donkey Kong
I'm going to revise my statement. I don't think it came across as I intended.

I'm definitely hyped, just trying to temper that hype because I have been disappointed way too many times and trying to keep my mind on what's in front of me right now.

Obviously this strategy is not working so well as I sit here and read posts on camp practice

We watch the Olympics as a family every night and I'm trying hard to care about gymnastics, track, swimming, Snoop's heavily-baked observations, etc. but I just really need football in my life right now. I get so antsy this time of year for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom