How I will judge the defense this week | Syracusefan.com

How I will judge the defense this week

Alsacs

Living Legend
Do our guys know their assignments and where to lineup. We used 3 first TOs on defense because 2 of the times we didn't know where to lineup and were confused, the third was an accident because Desir forget it was 3rd down and went back to return a punt. Our guys on defense had a week to prepare for Clemson looked like they were confused as heck.

Second, WE BETTER learn this week how to defend that wheel route. Watching the game live the damn safeties and cornerbacks had no idea how to cover it and Clemson burned us three times with that one play. If you don't think every team we play will try that same play once each game to see if we have it defended better we are crazy. Clemson's offense moved the ball easily in the first quarter and half, but I thought from the second half of the second quarter until the Watkins bomb the defense played better. This team honestly confuses me I have no confidence in any unit at all except the Linebackers and Bromley and Crume and just hope we can muster enough stops each game to give the offense a chance.

I guess I will judge them more on generalities, as I don't have the eye for specifics that some folks here possess. Can they impose their will on the opponent's offense? Can they take away what NCSt is trying to do? Have to assume we will want to stop the run game, from the Rbs and the Wrs. You can't plan to stop everything. Of course NCSt may want to pass to run, based on how they think our db shave performed. I'm just not sure that's their best strategy. Can we get pressure on the QB? Can we keep the ball in front of us?

And of course, can we win?

Shafer better go hardnosed on Bullogh, friends or no friends there is a FREAKING job to do and Bullogh aint earning his check versus legit competition. To me blitzing every down, praying for a sack or hurry or the offense to drop the football isn't the best scheme

I say from here on out the goal is keep teams to 30 and hope we score.

I would be happy to see our DB's within under 5 yards of an opposing WR when their QB throws the ball.

We should hold NCSFU to 24 points at most. Anything more and I will be disappointed.

Shafer better go hardnosed on Bullogh, friends or no friends there is a FREAKING job to do and Bullogh aint earning his check versus legit competition. To me blitzing every down, praying for a sack or hurry or the offense to drop the football isn't the best scheme
Chuck Bullough***

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom