How is Baylor in the tournament according to pundits | Syracusefan.com

How is Baylor in the tournament according to pundits

SUGumbo

Walk On
Seriously it does not make sense to me...They are 4-10 in quadrant 1 wins so basically because they play more quadrant 1 wins and lose they are in the NCAAs. Their RPI is 59, they have one great win (Texas Tech) and very few good wins. If they lose to West Virgina which they probably will, they will get in at 18-14 ? That is absolutely ridiculous.

Agree. Why is Louisville considered as much as they are? They haven’t done a damn thing but people like Lunardi have them ahead of us. Hopefully Baylor, Texas and Ok State all go down in the first round, ditto to Louisville, ND, Alabama, UCLA, USC. Oh, and we have to win tonight ;)

because the whole athletic program didn't get the death penalty for murder or rape

Agree. Why is Louisville considered as much as they are? They haven’t done a damn thing but people like Lunardi have them ahead of us. Hopefully Baylor, Texas and Ok State all go down in the first round, ditto to Louisville, ND, Alabama, UCLA, USC. Oh, and we have to win tonight ;)
I literally think if we did not have Syracuse on the front of our jersey sometimes we would be considered in the tournament. For some reason, outside of our final four run year we rarely get any help from the committee. See 2007, top 3 snubs of all time.

Seems like you have reasonable expectations. :)

I'll take this another step further... why is Providence in over us? They have 3 Quadrant 4 losses. That's huge and in a normal bubble year, they wouldn't even be sniffing the tournament right now. Most are saying that with a win over Creighton tomorrow, they'll be safely in. I don't get it.

I literally think if we did not have Syracuse on the front of our jersey sometimes we would be considered in the tournament. For some reason, outside of our final four run year we rarely get any help from the committee. See 2007, top 3 snubs of all time.

yeah, in 2007 the committee decided to make an example of us for a weak non conference schedule. Only Doug Gottlieb agreed, which tells you how stupid that decision was. We were hot down the stretch, beat a Gtown team that I believe only lost to us in a 19 game span, we were 10-6 in the conference. it was a joke.

I'll take this another step further... why is Providence in over us? They have 3 Quadrant 4 losses. That's huge and in a normal bubble year, they wouldn't even be sniffing the tournament right now. Most are saying that with a win over Creighton tomorrow, they'll be safely in. I don't get it.

that isn't important, big wins are important. you know, like us last year, our big wins outweighed our bad losses... oh, wait...

Agree. Why is Louisville considered as much as they are? They haven’t done a damn thing but people like Lunardi have them ahead of us.
I'm struggling with Louisville as well. Plus, now they have lost 7 of their last 10 games. And we beat them head to head. Just compare resumes. I might be biased but I see it as a slam dunk.

that isn't important, big wins are important. you know, like us last year, our big wins outweighed our bad losses... oh, wait...
It is insane, it is almost like they keep changing requirements to find ways to keep us on the other side of the bubble. Last year it was because of our road record, this year because we don't have any big wins, 2007 is was our OOC schedule. Sick of the subjective changing requirements.

yeah, in 2007 the committee decided to make an example of us for a weak non conference schedule. Only Doug Gottlieb agreed, which tells you how stupid that decision was. We were hot down the stretch, beat a Gtown team that I believe only lost to us in a 19 game span, we were 10-6 in the conference. it was a joke.

2007 was the one year that we have missed that I really thought we got screwed. I was truly shocked watching the selection show that year. The other years, we've been close but I can't say I felt we really got jobbed.

I'm struggling with Louisville as well. Plus, now they have lost 7 of their last 10 games. And we beat them head to head. Just compare resumes. I might be biased but I see it as a slam dunk.
Completely agree but that means the committee will see it differently for some reason. Also their non-conf SOS was 84 and ours was 17. Believe me though, they love to talk about Syracuse being out...It gets clicks.

2007 was the one year that we have missed that I really thought we got screwed. I was truly shocked watching the selection show that year. The other years, we've been close but I can't say I felt we really got jobbed.
I don't disagree really but my point is not that we got screwed, it is kind of that they don't have defined criteria really of what is important. It changes frequently and when Syracuse is on the bubble, the requirements seem to change not in our favor.

Completely agree but that means the committee will see it differently for some reason. Also their non-conf SOS was 84 and ours was 17. Believe me though, they love to talk about Syracuse being out...It gets clicks.
They won @FSU and @ND and we lost to both. They beat VT twice and we beat them in our only matchup. But we won @Miami and beat Clemson and they lost to both. Those are more impressive than FSU and ND. They also beat GT who we lost to, so it's a bad loss for us, but the win doesn't do anything for them. And like you said, we played stronger NCSOS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom