How late do they normally announce game times? | Syracusefan.com

How late do they normally announce game times?

jvbj01

All Conference
I'm trying to get tickets on stubhub. Any tips, I would appreciate.

We should have the first round game times by 10pm at the latest.
Second round won't be announced until most of the games are over on Thursday.

(If recent history is any indication, we will have the latest tip-time possible on Thursday... meaning the Pembroke rest stop on the Thruway will be full of people in Orange chugging coffee around 2am)

But no indication on what time our game would be?

I would think OSU and our games would be the the first batch of afternoon games; with UConn and Nova playing at night.

But that's just a guess

But no indication on what time our game would be?

As of 7:15pm right now, our tip time on Thursday could be anytime between 12:10pm and 10:40pm.
We will have the announcement in less than 3 hours.

I think the exact opposite. SU and OSU are national draws while Nova, UConn and especially Joes are Northeast only. 99% certain the SU block will be in the evening.

As far as Saturday, 100% certain SU vs. OSU will be the 12pm tip. That is because it will be the only game on Saturday first thing while the 2pm Nova vs. UConn or Joes game will compete with other regions.

This was exactly how it happened in Buffalo 3 years ago when SU and WVU were both there.

I would think OSU and our games would be the the first batch of afternoon games; with UConn and Nova playing at night.

But that's just a guess

I say we get the early evening game
Do they consider possible crowd size? In other words, would they put us in the evening so that we can fill the place with Cuse fans after work?

It would suck if we're the Noon game. We're never awake at Noon and neither is the crowd.

Do they consider possible crowd size? In other words, would they put us in the evening so that we can fill the place with Cuse fans after work?
They do for cerrtain cities but Buffalo historically has sold out that first Thursday regardless of teams. That's why the NCAA goes back there so regularly. A bigger concern on day vs. night is TV ratings. Turner will certainly have a say and they'll want SU in the evening.

For the record it makes must sense for the 3 vs. 14 matchup to be the latest game. That Dayton vs. OSU game has more potential for fireworks so they'll want it to end in primetime.

I bought tickets online about 2 minutes after they came up on cbs…still in the 3rd level but at least am there. Got same tickets last time they played in Buffalo. Will be a big crowd with Villanova and UConn...

It would suck if we're the Noon game. We're never awake at Noon and neither is the crowd.

We had a decent crowd energy wise in the 1st round Boston game that was a nooner in 2003. Those spicy bloody mary's do wonders for waking you up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom