How long before the men’s game goes to quarters and 24 second shot clock | Syracusefan.com

How long before the men’s game goes to quarters and 24 second shot clock

Alsacs

Living Legend
It seems like almost every team wants to play low possession grind it out games and turn them into 3 point shooting contests.

I hope the men’s game goes to 24 second shot clock and quarters.
Maybe coaches would actually have to teach their teams how to execute end of the quarter situations. Plus the shot clock being 6 seconds less would give more possessions.

It seems like almost every team wants to play low possession grind it out games and turn them into 3 point shooting contests.

Maybe coaches would actually have to teach their teams how to execute end of the quarter situations. Plus the shot clock being 6 seconds less would give more possessions.
Desperately need to go to 6 fouls as well, since refs can’t control themselves calling charges, amongst other zebra shenanigans.

Also would like them to adopt the timeout-advance rule.

I'm cool with 5 fouls, but yes please, 4 quarters and 24 seconds.

I would like it for the college basketball, but that feels like a huge change to pull through all of college basketball.

But a shorter shot clock would definitely be interesting.

I'm strongly against 4 quarters.

Unless they are 12 minute quarters.

And then they'd need to go to 6 fouls.

They could just straight go by NBA rules. I wouldn't have an issue with that.

I'm strongly against 4 quarters.

Unless they are 12 minute quarters.

And then they'd need to go to 6 fouls.

They could just straight go by NBA rules. I wouldn't have an issue with that.

They should absolutely go straight to NBA rules. The NBA puts a huge amount of resources and research into their rules. the NCAA doesn't. The NBA rules are just plain better.

The only part I wouldn't change is the 4 quarters. No reason to add more stoppages.

They should absolutely go straight to NBA rules. The NBA puts a huge amount of resources and research into their rules. the NCAA doesn't. The NBA rules are just plain better.

The only part I wouldn't change is the 4 quarters. No reason to add more stoppages.
You would get the same stoppages in 4 quarters as 2 halves.

In 2 halves you get stoppages under 16, 12, 8, 4 that is 4 per half.

In 4 quarters you would get a stoppage under 5 and at the end of the quarter that is 4 stoppages per half.

You would get the same stoppages in 4 quarters as 2 halves.

In 2 halves you get stoppages under 16, 12, 8, 4 that is 4 per half.

In 4 quarters you would get a stoppage under 5 and at the end of the quarter that is 4 stoppages per half.

If you are going to change rules why not just have 2 halves and fewer stoppages? Perhaps eliminate the 16 and the 4 stoppage.

I wonder if they worry that they would be at risk of losing officials if they went to NBA rules.

I wonder if they worry that they would be at risk of losing officials if they went to NBA rules.

Possible. I never thought of that. Still the NBA can only have so many officials. I'd rather have better rules and take the chance of losing a few to the NBA.

You guys should watch the NBA. This is college ball and it's great when played competently. Just because we had a meh team this year. Plenty of good teams in this tourney.

If you are going to change rules why not just have 2 halves and fewer stoppages? Perhaps eliminate the 16 and the 4 stoppage.

Because the tv contracts are big moneymakers. Don't mean to state the obvious but you asked.

Because the tv contracts are big moneymakers. Don't mean to state the obvious but you asked.

You are totally right. I was living in my pie-in-the-sky perfect basketball rules world.

You are totally right. I was living in my pie-in-the-sky perfect basketball rules world.

I kinda figured that was the case. You are not one who usually has to have the obvious explained :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom