how many here would get the feeling that | Syracusefan.com

how many here would get the feeling that

retro44

Living Legend
if the situation were to ever happen again at penn st. they would do the exact same thing again.

and if paterno was still alive how many schools would offer fistfulls of cash to hire him.

winning is everything now a days

I dont believe that any school would hire paterno..

Actually, if he was still alive.. Do you think the NCAA could have banned him from coaching again?

Actually, if he was still alive.. Do you think the NCAA could have banned him from coaching again?
There are provisions through which a coach can be banned, but I think it might involve repeat offenses or lying to NCAA investigators. Don't recall offhand.

There are provisions through which a coach can be banned, but I think it might involve repeat offenses or lying to NCAA investigators. Don't recall offhand.

well, repeat offenses of letting little boys get raped

What's the deal with all the threads today that require you to click on them in order to discover what they're about? e.g. "I'm confused" "How many here would get the feeling" "Today I learned" "A conclusion" etc. I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, but if your subject line is the actual subject of your message, you can alert interested parties to your thread's content. Otherwise some posters may just pass over it. Conversely, a lot of posters are trying to avoid the flood of Penn State related threads (to use one example of a thread topic), so may feel like they're being "tricked" into reading one. Not a huge deal, just think message boards work a little better with accurate thread titles. Not trying to single out this thread's original poster.

This situation is so unbelievably toxic. If it were to happen again (god forbid), I honestly just don't see it NOT getting reported. After seeing what happened to PedSt, no one is going to risk hiding something like this.

i was being specific to ped st. and their lack of remorse

This situation is so unbelievably toxic. If it were to happen again (god forbid), I honestly just don't see it NOT getting reported. After seeing what happened to PedSt, no one is going to risk hiding something like this.

What's the deal with all the threads today that require you to click on them in order to discover what they're about? e.g. "I'm confused" "How many here would get the feeling" "Today I learned" "A conclusion" etc. I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, but if your subject line is the actual subject of your message, you can alert interested parties to your thread's content. Otherwise some posters may just pass over it. Conversely, a lot of posters are trying to avoid the flood of Penn State related threads (to use one example of a thread topic), so may feel like they're being "tricked" into reading one. Not a huge deal, just think message boards work a little better with accurate thread titles. Not trying to single out this thread's original poster.

yeah,but you still opened it...lighten up francis. tell the mods to offer more space on the header

yeah,but you still opened it...
yeah, but I wouldn't have if I had known what it was about.

lighten up francis. tell the mods to offer more space on the header
How much do they offer now? isn't it an insanely huge amount of space? One of the current thread titles is "Northwestern coach Fitzgerald predicts he'll bring a hungry football team into the Carrier Dome" after all. ;)

Like I said, I'm not singling you out or trying to be rude. I just think you might get better responses if people knew what your thread was about. That way the people that would be interested in it will be able to find it more easily. Fair enough?

Nobody would hire him knowing that at some point he would be going to jail.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Give credit to Paterno for building the PSU program, and in his prime, he was an effective coach. I'm not sure his "traditionalist" approach to the game - both on and off the field - would work everywhere... a place like Nebraska maybe. But as an extreme example, I can't imagine Oregon playing a conservative run-first offense, with plain white uniforms with no name on the back, and black, high-top sneakers.

Regardless, it was clear that near the end of his career, Paterno was little more than a figurehead, who did little or no actual coaching. I can't imagine any school paying huge money to hire a coach who could barely utter an intelligible sentence.

If you're using Firefox, hold your mouse over the thread topic and it will pop a box up with the first sentence or so of the first post.

If you're using Firefox, hold your mouse over the thread topic and it will pop a box up with the first sentence or so of the first post.

yup...i've been doing that for a while now.

I get what you're saying but in the case of this thread i knew exactly what it was about before opening which is generally the case with most. When you look at who the poster is and what the hot topic is at the time you can pretty much know what you are getting into.

Also, just hover the mouse over the title and you can see the first line.

"Today I did learn" a lot of things though! That's my version of "a conclusion", and "I'm not confused" though maybe you are.;)

Nobody would hire him knowing that at some point he would be going to jail.

it all depends on how much joe knows...would state politicians take that chance. sounds like they wouldn't when he was alive.;)

it all depends on how much joe knows...would state politicians take that chance. sounds like they wouldn't when he was alive.;)

I have no doubt over the course of 4 decades he knew plenty. But you do have to assume there are legit DA's, investigators and lawyers.

if the situation were to ever happen again at penn st. they would do the exact same thing again.

and if paterno was still alive how many schools would offer fistfulls of cash to hire him.

Disagree.

The culture today is far different than the one guys like JoePa grew up in - the WWII era guys were on their last legs in the 1990s. If for nothing else they would not be able to keep it quiet.

Joe was almost 90 - no other school was going to be interested in him. Hell, half of the PSU fanbase wanted him to retire, they just couldn't make him because the Cult of JoePa was so strong they had actually convinced themselves that he had built the school all by himself.