How many wins... | Syracusefan.com

How many wins...

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
to make the doubters shut up (myself included) and prove the Cuse deserved to be in the dance?

I'm going with 2 as a minimum.

either way it's talked about for a day - nobody remembers Wake flaming out last year in the play in game. Short window of taking shots when we lose and next year we say - hopefully - we've now made back to back appearances.

We made the final four and people STILL thought we didn’t deserve it in 2016.

Whatever. We deserved it based on what we did this season just like we didn’t deserve it last year based on what we didn’t do. Nothing we accomplish from here out changes that.

The doubters never caved in and said we belonged when we went on the Final Four run. I don't think it will be any different this time around. We could win the whole thing and Doug Gottlieb would still say we didn't belong.

I remember when we won 3 or 4 in 2016 the Mike Greenbergs of the world were complaining we still shouldn't have made it.

One maybe two. Or zero. Wouldn’t be surprised with either.

I remember when we won 3 or 4 in 2016 the Mike Greenbergs of the world were complaining we still shouldn't have made it.
Mike who? Didn't he sign a huge contract and then fall off the face of the earth?

I don't think it can be accomplished.

When we went to the final four in 2016, most of the detractors took the "Yeah, but..." position. And that was with a F4 run and a decisive win over a #1 seed.

Winning a game or 2 this year won't change the perception.

I don't think it can be accomplished.

When we went to the final four in 2016, most of the detractors took the "Yeah, but..." position. And that was with a F4 run and a decisive win over a #1 seed.

Winning a game or 2 this year won't change the perception.

Yep. We could win it all and it would be unfair or not count because we didn't deserve to be in...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom