How Marinatto still has a job is mind-bogglng and speaks volumes about the Big East | Syracusefan.com

How Marinatto still has a job is mind-bogglng and speaks volumes about the Big East

Alsacs

Living Legend
With the boobish leadership of Marinatto it still amazes how ANY FOOTBALL school doesn't proclaim a vote of no confidence on Marinatto it is OBVIOUS all he cares about is protecting Providence College. Mike Tranghese said as much on the radio with Mike Francesa. I mean the guy sends roses to the Big XII last year, actually thinks it funny to say the Big East will play its opening round BET games in Greensboro, can't even put out a coherent statement on TCU's departure, and still has a job. Thank god, Cantor got us of out of this clusterf#ck I mean if I were a UConn, Rutgers, Louisville, West Virginia fan and this guy is still in charge I am pissed. I mean he has a fiduciary responsibility to ALL SCHOOLs not Providence College. Marinatto ADD football teams and don't worry about raising the exit fee. Raising the fee is protecting the basketball schools first and not all the teams equally.
Schools like Providence, Seton Hall, St. John's, DePaul NEED the football schools more than vice-versa if we have learned anything ourselves in football its hard to fill a stadium up unless you have high level teams coming in. Whenever we play any of the Catholic schools except Marquette, Notre Dame SU makes up atleast a 1/3 of the crowd on road unless schools do ridiculous things to keep us out cough Georgetown cough. If the football schools don't create their own conference now they are screwed. If I remember correctly their was a provision in the Big East bylaws in that after 5 years the football and basketball schools could split peacefully while maintaining their own NCAA TV credits. The only problem would be transferring the BCS bid to the new conference and the basketball schools have the name for basketball. If PC, SJU, SHU, NOVA, GU, MU, DePaul, and adding Xavier think MSG will want them fine, they will have it till 2016 and see where MSG goes.