How much will the ODU loss affect the Syracuse with/without Frank Howard argument for the committee? | Syracusefan.com

How much will the ODU loss affect the Syracuse with/without Frank Howard argument for the committee?

It doesn’t matter. This is flawed team with little upside. It has no chemistry. They’re not going to win at a high level with lackluster play at the 5.

That argument no longer holds water.

8A2C2649-20E8-43D6-B195-48A78C3F2AE0.gif

Frank is not Kenyon Martin. His return is being overblown. Are we better with him...yeah, are we good with him...eh I think we are bubble either way

Frank slows the game to a halt. Dribbles too much, average passer, marginal driver and marginal shooter. JB needs to give Carey more run speeds up tempo gets to the basket

Hot take #99.

This team is not even close to being a NCAA team. It’s 3 vs 5 in every game and if one of the three doesn’t show up, we’re doomed.

This team is not even close to being a NCAA team. It’s 3 vs 5 in every game and if one of the three doesn’t show up, we’re doomed.
I was hoping for 4 vs 5 with Hughes in there. But Howard has not shown up yet and Brissett has underperformed this year so far. Carey speeds things up but defenses will learn to not play him tight outside since he has shown absolutely no ability to hit a shot from more than 5 feet from the rim.

Frank slows the game to a halt. Dribbles too much, average passer, marginal driver and marginal shooter. JB needs to give Carey more run speeds up tempo gets to the basket
And 90% of the time when Carey gets to the basket he doesn’t get a positive outcome. They are both flawed... there is a thread about how the lack of center had hurt our offense for a long time, I would argue the lack of true point guards has actually been worse. I can’t remember the last time we had knockdown shooters at the point, and points who knew how to penetrate a d to make a pass or set up the offense.

He’s coming off a significant injury and you guys are expecting him not only to pick up where he left off in March but be significantly better, immediately.

He’s coming off a significant injury and you guys are expecting him not only to pick up where he left off in March but be significantly better, immediately.
Is that too much to ask?

And 90% of the time when Carey gets to the basket he doesn’t get a positive outcome. They are both flawed... there is a thread about how the lack of center had hurt our offense for a long time, I would argue the lack of true point guards has actually been worse. I can’t remember the last time we had knockdown shooters at the point, and points who knew how to penetrate a d to make a pass or set up the offense.

I guess I’m in the minority but Carey doesn’t seem that explosive or fast out there. He too has trouble finishing or is getting rejected. But, yeah, banking on these combo guard conversions and no C presence has been an issue for sure. Just the whole concept of making an extra pass or reversing a ball seems like dreaming to win Mega Millions. Fleeting.

Shouldn’t have been a consideration and likely won’t even matter come March.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom