How should we respond? | Syracusefan.com

How should we respond?

SWC75

Bored Historian
Suppose Coach Boeheim does coach Saturday's game. he walks out before the game. The tendency is to applaud but is that the proper way to respond? he did not thing bad and apparently did everything he should have in the wake of the accident but applause is usually about doing something great. Maybe it would be better to verbally respond with statements like "We love you coach", "Hang in there coach", etc.

Suppose Coach Boeheim does coach Saturday's game. he walks out before the game. The tendency is to applaud but is that the proper way to respond? he did not thing bad and apparently did everything he should have in the wake of the accident but applause is usually about doing something great. Maybe it would be better to verbally respond with statements like "We love you coach", "Hang in there coach", etc.
I don't think anyone would think we were cheering for what happened. IMO it would be perceived as showing support for him at a tough time

I don't think anyone would think we were cheering for what happened. IMO it would be perceived as showing support for him at a tough time
18-anchorman-quotes.gif

It's a fair question. Unfortunately I don't know how we could show support en masse other than cheering. Maybe a "Boeheim" chant, but that runs into the same issue.

Are we allowed to bring signs to the game? I've never even thought of doing it so I have no idea. If so, maybe making signs about how we love and support Jim is the best way to convey that the applause is in support? Because it is tough for me to think of any other sort of chant/cheer that would work and we can't NOT show him support.

I'd think that a simple stand and clap with a little cheering would be fine. Obviously leave the rowdy jumping and cheering for the game

Will JB be up to coaching by then?

I was wondering if a moment of silence might be asked for, o/b/o the victim.

I don't know that there is a right or wrong way to deal with this. Unprecedented, to my knowledge.

I would think when he is announced, there’ll be a long, intense standing ovation. It will take an iron will for him to get out there Saturday, and I would expect the crowd to recognize this if he’s present.

This persons death has nothing to do with the game in any way.

Are you against all moments of silence at all sporting events then? Because no one's death impacts the actual game itself.

Signs that said god bless the Boeheim and Jimenez families

Moment of silence, then carry on as usual. Not announcing Jim or changing the way we cheer for him is just going to make it worse/more awkward, imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom