How stocked is the cupboard at SU? | Syracusefan.com

How stocked is the cupboard at SU?

Orangemen

All Conference
It's amazing how well JB has things running right now from a roster building perspective.

Some crazy things:
-JS comes off our bench. a guy capable of putting up 35 points.
-MCW was a scrub last year (in terms of PT) and now is getting compared to Magic Johnson (style), Evan Turner (progression to National POY talent), and is considered a jump shot away (which he may already have) from a lock top 10 pick.
-Grant comes off the bench. This guy would be a rookie of the year candidate, no doubt starter at 75% of BE schools. He may be a rotation guy on this team.
-BMK is our 2nd/3rd center.

This team is loaded. I try to be level headed as a fan, and I don't like the idea that a team has to make the FF to be successful- but there will be a point in the near future where I look at this team as FF or bust. It may have been last night.

I was thinking about the Grant thing last night. If he had chosen Rutgers over us, he'd probably be their best player and would have a strong shot at BE rookie of the year. Here? He's the 9th man and struggles to carve out a niche.

The one goal for these players is to win the big one. National Champs or bust!!

I was thinking about the Grant thing last night. If he had chosen Rutgers over us, he'd probably be their best player and would have a strong shot at BE rookie of the year. Here? He's the 9th man and struggles to carve out a niche.
I think he already knows what his niche is. He's doing a great job in his role.

Grant's got a little Wes Johnson in him.

No way this kid stays 4 years.

That was my thought too. He doesn't really look like he's struggling.

Here? He's relevant.

Our roster 2 years from now is going to be stacked.

Ennis
Gnibje
Cooney
McCullough
Roberson
Grant(?)
BJJ
Chino
Patterson

Not including a potential top 2014 big-man recruit to fill a void. Imagine if Dakari stayed in 2014? Good lord.

Our roster 2 years from now is going to be stacked.

Ennis
Gnibje
Cooney
McCullough
Roberson
Grant(?)
BJJ
Chino
Patterson

Not including a potential top 2014 big-man recruit to fill a void. Imagine if Dakari stayed in 2014? Good lord.

Yes, we should see the culmination of several top classes over the next few years (maybe this?)...

Also, what we really need to get us over the hump is to get a break and have someone like MCW (or whomever) decide to stay one extra year and not leave. For ex, imagine if JW didn't stay in 96? I can think of a few where a guy was going to go pro but came back and their team cut down the nets. I think Florida's repeat was a good example.

Throw a going to class Fab on this year's team, or MCW next year running the point with a senior CJ/Baye, soph DC/Grant/Cooney, junior RAK, the frosh, esp. Ennis...that's the #1 team in the country. Without MCW, it's no guarantee that Ennis can provide 60% of what MCW would bring. I know it's probably a moot issue but you get my drift...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom