How strict is Marrone? | Syracusefan.com

How strict is Marrone?

jr4750

All American
The kids are still out there partying, getting into fights with townies and whatnot? I don't think he's the only coach in the country to ban weed. Do they have a strict curfew or something? Just curious where the discipline comes in? He makes kids go to class? Extra Study Halls? They have to be good role models? Is this not every coach outside of the SEC? I say this very seriously...

I don't think it's his rules that are any stricter, just his punishments if you violate them.

The kids are still out there partying, getting into fights with townies and whatnot? I don't think he's the only coach in the country to ban weed. Do they have a strict curfew or something? Just curious where the discipline comes in? He makes kids go to class? Extra Study Halls? They have to be good role models? Is this not every coach outside of the SEC? I say this very seriously...
marrone is probably extra strict because he wants his players to graduate in less than 9 years. something that was out of his reach but hey, i'm sure he's really smart

Was Marrone not a party boy in his day? What - is he like a reformed smoker?

Doug is out of touch. Respect is what is needed. Fear motivation never works long term. Doug may not be suited for the college game

He's not nearly as strict as people here want to believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's not nearly as strict as people here want to believe.

Stop ruining the narrative!

Its not about talent, execution or coaching, it's about rules, man!

BlackKnight, Bnoro, NailstheCuse, etc. can correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding of Marrone's rules are that he requires players to make a curfew on game nights, not get too screwed up during the week, go to class, and not act like neanderthals and thugs the rest of the time. Candidly, if the players can't conform to that, i really have no interest in rooting for them and could care less if they left, quit, were kicked off the team, etc.

Other stuff like lifting and off-season mandatory/optional workouts are the rule everywhere.

BlackKnight, Bnoro, NailstheCuse, etc. can correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding of Marrone's rules are that he requires players to make a curfew on game nights, not get too screwed up during the week, go to class, and not act like neanderthals and thugs the rest of the time. Candidly, if the players can't conform to that, i really have no interest in rooting for them and could care less if they left, quit, were kicked off the team, etc.

Other stuff like lifting and off-season mandatory/optional workouts are the rule everywhere.

Like probably every other school in the country, the players stay in a hotel off campus the night before games. I don't know what the specific rules are otherwise, but I've seen most of the major players out at parties/bars during the week or after games. If going out was a punishable offense we'd have about 15 players left.

The problem as noted in a post here isnt this topic it's the kids know they're sticking too long with what's not working on O, creates rifts with the D and then when the O sees the problem too and still nothings done, it creates what were seeing that people are posting on (losing the team, little passion, etc.).

If he has a death wish he stays with Nassib next week and next year and we'll see more and more feeling like Stern (whom by the way I dont blame and may add myself to that list if they screw us and take the Fine lot away, horrible football with non innovative football by not shaking things up at all combined with making our lives more complicated to get there...well game over for me).