How the .1% Dome crowd rolls | Syracusefan.com

How the .1% Dome crowd rolls

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
Last night my daughter and I were able to watch the game from the Executive Suite, thanks to a Christmas gift. It is adjacent to the student section, which is great because the students are great. Perhaps many of you have had the sweet suite experience, but I never have, so I thought I'd do a report Tomcat-style.

Hands down, the best part of the suite was the seats. Like theater seats! After every game the last few years my body has ached, which I sadly attributed to aging. But my 28 year old daughter aches as well. Wow, were those seats comfortable! We had the ceiling over our heads, and so there was a visual effect like we were watching a movie on a very large screen. The angle was from a corner behind the SU basket. We could see well, but I prefer our 309 seats for better vision.

We could have four free alcoholic drinks. I had a glass of wine, then a Diet Pepsi. There was a buffet of food set out: pasta, meat balls, pizza, little quiches. All of the food was terrible. Crackers and cheese and popcorn was good. Ha ha!

I felt cut off from the crowd, and didn't like that. There were probably 25 people in this box and about 1/3 of them were cheering. The others watched silently and sipped their drinks. I thought my daughter and I created a bit of a spectacle in our controlled (?) hysteria, and that was when I particularly longed to be back with my 309 peeps. Oh, we also had a parking pass for Lot Q, which was 1/2 block from the Dome. Greatly appreciated on a zero degree night!

So, as much as I was glad to have the experience, the bottom line is that I am a commoner. I know my place, and I like my place.

What a great great GREAT game! Go Cuse!

Last night my daughter and I were able to watch the game from the Executive Suite, thanks to a Christmas gift. It is adjacent to the student section, which is great because the students are great. Perhaps many of you have had the sweet suite experience, but I never have, so I thought I'd do a report Tomcat-style.

Hands down, the best part of the suite was the seats. Like theater seats! After every game the last few years my body has ached, which I sadly attributed to aging. But my 28 year old daughter aches as well. Wow, were those seats comfortable! We had the ceiling over our heads, and so there was a visual effect like we were watching a movie on a very large screen. The angle was from a corner behind the SU basket. We could see well, but I prefer our 309 seats for better vision.

We could have four free alcoholic drinks. I had a glass of wine, then a Diet Pepsi. There was a buffet of food set out: pasta, meat balls, pizza, little quiches. All of the food was terrible. Crackers and cheese and popcorn was good. Ha ha!

I felt cut off from the crowd, and didn't like that. There were probably 25 people in this box and about 1/3 of them were cheering. The others watched silently and sipped their drinks. I thought my daughter and I created a bit of a spectacle in our controlled (?) hysteria, and that was when I particularly longed to be back with my 309 peeps. Oh, we also had a parking pass for Lot Q, which was 1/2 block from the Dome. Greatly appreciated on a zero degree night!

So, as much as I was glad to have the experience, the bottom line is that I am a commoner. I know my place, and I like my place.

Love the review.
Two important takeaways:
1. It's always better with real people (who aren't drunk).
2. You can't go wrong with the popcorn.

I got to watch from one of the boxes before, reminded me of watching from home, except instead of watching a TV the action was happening live. Very awesome experience!

I'll be in a box for Miami

First thought:
7b3354060c5cf8eed156702f69f3b975c0921ef055937e25ab9f843df3e4b1b8.jpg

Are you less knowledgeable for sitting in a box?!

JarHeadJim said:
I got some box last night after the game.

I feel sorry for those 5 guys you had to beat up to get to it. How are they going to beat Kentucky with multiple broken bones?

One of my best friends. (God rest his soul) used to get his firms' box at MSG for multiple sessions of the BET. Everything for us was free, plus CCTV and regular TV.
All the negatives still applied though.
I am so glad I was in the stands, and not the box for 6 OT game.

Last edited:
I hit a box semi regularly through couple of friends. Always try to book out asap because as you note most don't even pay attention to the game with all the kibbitzing going on since so many of them are for business anyway. No doubt the best place to be is in the stands with the rocking pleabes...!

I hit a box semi regularly through couple of friends. Always try to book out asap because as you note most don't even pay attention to the game with all the kibbitzing going on since so many of them are for business anyway. No doubt the best place to be is in the stands with the rocking pleabes...!
Mike Mike Mike guess what day it is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom