how to correct loose ball malaise. | Syracusefan.com

how to correct loose ball malaise.

Cusedad2X

Scout Team
I think our players should be required to watch the NHL playoffs. Every puck coming out of the corner is a brawl. I rarely watch much regular season hockey. But, the playoffs really showcase what desire, hustle, heart and intensity is all about.

Not the last few games unfortunately, in the last 4 games Marek’s played 102 minutes, had 6 steals but only 3 assists, 10 turnovers and 11 fouls. He fouled out in 26 minutes against UNC and had 4 fouls yesterday both in less than 26 minutes in these last 4 games. In fact in the last 8 games, he’s fouled out 3 times and had 4 fouls twice in his average of 24 minutes on the court. Love the kid but he’s been in quite a funk himself. He can’t stay on the court long - stamina? Wearing down?

Not the last few games unfortunately, in the last 4 games Marek’s played 102 minutes, had 6 steals but only 3 assists, 10 turnovers and 11 fouls. He fouled out in 26 minutes against UNC and had 4 fouls yesterday both in less than 26 minutes in these last 4 games. In fact in the last 8 games, he’s fouled out 3 times and had 4 fouls twice in his average of 24 minutes on the court. Love the kid but he’s been in quite a funk himself. He can’t stay on the court long - stamina? Wearing down?
I think his hustling style of play inevitably leads to a few head-scratching fouls that get him in foul trouble. That, and playing extended minutes in the middle against much heftier players. He did average about 30 minutes per game as a freshman, so I don't think it's a stamina issue.

I think his hustling style of play inevitably leads to a few head-scratching fouls that get him in foul trouble. That, and playing extended minutes in the middle against much heftier players. He did average about 30 minutes per game as a freshman, so I don't think it's a stamina issue.

What’s strange though is he’s been playing forward more than he ever has been towards the end of this season vs playing center. No doubt that he does take a beating though.

Carey will get loose balls as does BB Carey is lightning quick and BB is smart anticipates well.

What’s strange though is he’s been playing forward more than he ever has been towards the end of this season vs playing center. No doubt that he does take a beating though.
He definitely takes a beating and he's taken some hard falls this season. It could be he's feeling some lingering effects.

It’s called sitting next to the coach. It’s the most powerful tool a coach has. If you don’t play hard, come join me on the bench. SU does so many things fundamentally bad, that you wonder what the coaches are teaching. The word toughness is not part of the SU vocabulary. We reach and slap all the time and this is why SU has so many fouls called on them. One simple example yesterday was OB swinging the ball to Battle on the wing. His pass ended up at his ankles. That’s just a simple play that wasn’t executed. It’s the difference of getting a clean look to not having enough time to get a shot off. None of these guys can go left or stop and make a simple reverse pivot. How many guys leave their feet only to not have someone to pass to? It’s pretty sad.

I think they should tape 50 dollar bills to the ball in practice. O wait that's a violation.