How to not build fan support | Syracusefan.com

How to not build fan support

longislandcuse

Living Legend
Look completely non-competitive in every big game.

Hey guys! Maybe if we beat Ga Tech we'll have a big crowd for Wake!! I bet ppl are just lining up for tix now.

Pretty pumped I got witness this disaster first hand. Thank God Ga Tech fans are lame and I didn't have to suffer too much humiliation.

Look completely non-competitive in every big game.

Hey guys! Maybe if we beat Ga Tech we'll have a big crowd for Wake!! I bet ppl are just lining up for tix now.

Pretty pumped I got witness this disaster first hand. Thank God Ga Tech fans are lame and I didn't have to suffer too much humiliation.

That's the good thing about playing most of the ACC teams. I don't have to worry about hearing any smack from their fans.

I certainly am not going to get all irritated when the casuals don't attend the Wake game and there is a lot of silver.

Can you blame them?

25,000 max in the Dome for WF.

I paid too much for season tickets not to attend. The least they can do for the faithful is drop the price of Dome Foams. Hope I can find a good tailgate so I can enter the Dome in a proper frame of mind. :oops:

We're who we are because of our fan support.

No one at SU will do this, but they should raffle off two decent 300-level tickets to the Duke hoops game at the start of the 4th quarter and announce that you have to be present to win...and your entry is based upon tickets scanned at the gates before the end of the 1st quarter.

I certainly am not going to get all irritated when the casuals don't attend the Wake game and there is a lot of silver.

Can you blame them?
AGREE!! The days of blaming the "casual fans" for not going to the games are long over with. The Fans aren't the problem. The fact the team stinks is! If you build it they will come...and they will have to build it in an empty stadium before you get the fans back at the Dome for football on a consistent basis. Time to accept it and deal with that fact.

Man...well worth the flight down here for that debacle. Ugh.

We're who we are because of our fan support.

If this is true, then stick a fork in the Syracuse football program. Maybe in good years we can squeak out a 6-7 win season and make a bowl game...but most years will be 3-5 wins. Which honestly is about what I expected before I foolishly let the end of last season get my hopes up that Syracuse was on the upswing. We aren't, and the program is what it is, and the fans are what they are...all of which spells 'cashing ACC checks while taking conference game beat downs' except for the rare years where we can aspire to be mediocre.

Bummer.

How so? You can't put garbage on the field for a decade and expect people to show up.

its been so unenjoyable so long many have given up- team hasnt helped by playing this poorly -

going to a su game is not a event anymore its a chore

its been so unenjoyable so long many have given up- team hasnt helped by playing this poorly -

going to a su game is not a event anymore its a chore
Even in the Marrone years that we bowled, we still started off slow, lost at home and lost big games that could've gained momentum and hype.

If this is true, then stick a fork in the Syracuse football program. Maybe in good years we can squeak out a 6-7 win season and make a bowl game...but most years will be 3-5 wins. Which honestly is about what I expected before I foolishly let the end of last season get my hopes up that Syracuse was on the upswing. We aren't, and the program is what it is, and the fans are what they are...all of which spells 'cashing ACC checks while taking conference game beat downs' except for the rare years where we can aspire to be mediocre.

Bummer.

reading that it sounds like SU has become Duke north, and I don't entirely disagree.