How to watch SU when overseas | Syracusefan.com

How to watch SU when overseas

CaliBob'63

Walk On
We'll be in Europe and miss SU's first 2 games, so I have researched how I might watch them. I post my findings here both to inform and to invite critiques in case I've missed something or their are better/other ways.

1--First, you need to use a VPN to overcome potential blocked access to some content. VPN's allow you to sign on to servers that make it look like you are in the USA. There are many of them to choose from...I chose ExpressVPN for $12.95/month with 30 day moneyback guarantee. I am glad I did because I needed help installing it on my IPAD.

2--Wagner will be carried on WatchESPN...so make sure you have an account with them and that you can sign on to their Website and stream live and archived games. So I will sign on to VPN, go to WatchESPN website and watch game on my IPAD.

3--Western Michigan is on CBS Sports which is not carried or archived on WatchESPN or any other Website, I have found. After searching, I found FuboTV which streams CBS college football. Cost--$19.95 fist month with a free 7-day trial.

4--Of course, I will need broadband access.

If anyone knows where/if the WMU game will be archived, I'd love to know about it, as a backup to streaming.

Comments invited.

There are free vpns that work well. Betternet, Hexatech are all on the App Store.

I've used reddit's MLB streams this summer and they work fine...I use an ad blocker.

r/MLBStreams

I'll be checking out their college football streams as we get closer to the season opener...if it's anything like the baseball streams they should be including a lot of games.

r/CFBStreams

Not sure about out of the country access?

Instead of Fubo sign up for a free two weeks with YouTubeTV

I chatted with YouTubeTV and they said they were US only. I asked about VPN and they discouraged its use as causing problems.

I opened this thread just to see if it was the earliest “What channel’s the game on?” thread in board history.

Carry on.

I chatted with YouTubeTV and they said they were US only. I asked about VPN and they discouraged its use as causing problems.
Good to know...I have a VPN and will see if it causes issues running through my computer to watch YouTubeTV. I normally just watch YouTubeTV through my Roku on a normal LED TV

Might be overkill...but this thread at CSNBBS dives deep into what sports channels you get on what Internet TV service.

An Analysis of TV OTT Platforms

i find my firestick had thee answer to all my viewing problems...While i have not check it for SU games once jail broke and you find the right apps ,its just a little larger than a thumb drive .so it travels easy

Of course a service like Youtube TV, Netflix ETC. will discourage use of a VPN.

When all else fails (i.e: FSU 2017, when I was in India for work), i went with a 3-hour FaceTime with the US end pointed at the TV in my basement. A fan’s hoot to do what a fan’s got to do.

I am curious about your WatchESPN experience. Seems like ESPN has made it more difficult to steam in the TV Anywhere environment.

CBS Sports is part of the PlayStation Vue package I subscribe to, as well. They have a free trial but not sure how well it would work overseas.

This is actually really easy under Dino. You can acccess game details the same way everyone here can: the games are going to be taken off the air and fans banned from the dome, but Dino will host a 10-minute post game presser where he’ll describe how the team played. It’s going to be really exciting!

When all else fails (i.e: FSU 2017, when I was in India for work), i went with a 3-hour FaceTime with the US end pointed at the TV in my basement. A fan’s hoot to do what a fan’s got to do.

I am curious about your WatchESPN experience. Seems like ESPN has made it more difficult to steam in the TV Anywhere environment.
I have had good experience at home in N. Cal. watching WatchESPN games via Apple Tv on my tv and a couple times on my IPAD. Of course, I was streaming, not steaming:):)

Facetime...hadn't thought of that. If you use WiFi overseas, is there any expense incurred by either party?

I have had good experience at home in N. Cal. watching WatchESPN games via Apple Tv on my tv and a couple times on my IPAD. Of course, I was streaming, not steaming:):)
You’ve got to hate autocorrect on the iPhone sometimes.

But it’s good for a nice laugh every now and then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom