how true is DM to his beliefs. | Syracusefan.com

how true is DM to his beliefs.

upperdeck

Living Legend
If he really came to SU to turn the program around then he is not done.

coaching 3-5 more years will either finish the job or leave it better off than when he got here. in either case his stock to get to be a HC in the NFL will still pretty much as it is now.

If we go to the ACC and succeed his stock goes up , if we stand pat as a .500 team the worst he would do is go back back as a OC and probably still be in HC talks pretty soon.

if he feels he has done the heavy lifting and its time for the next challenge we should not be upset because he has. the job is not done but we are way better off.

if he is using it to leverage better things for SU this is probably his only way.

we need to chill.

If he really came to SU to turn the program around then he is not done.

coaching 3-5 more years will either finish the job or leave it better off than when he got here. in either case his stock to get to be a HC in the NFL will still pretty much as it is now.

If we go to the ACC and succeed his stock goes up , if we stand pat as a .500 team the worst he would do is go back back as a OC and probably still be in HC talks pretty soon.

if he feels he has done the heavy lifting and its time for the next challenge we should not be upset because he has. the job is not done but we are way better off.

if he is using it to leverage better things for SU this is probably his only way.

we need to chill.

I agree Syracuse fans need to chill. Yes, things are turned around from the depths, but it is not as if Marrone has delivered back to back 10-3 teams. He is 4-8, 8-5, 5-7, 8-5.

He seems to have the ship righted, but is nowhere close to the kind of team that can win 10 games playing an ACC schedule. If Marrone stays, he could have the pieces lined up to make a big run with Syracuse, or he could flounder in the ACC.

Marrone staying is insignificantly less a risk than making a new hire. That is so in part because the program now, 2 bowl winning teams in 3 years and headed to the ACC, is considerably more attractive than it was when Marrone was hired.

I agree Syracuse fans need to chill. Yes, things are turned around from the depths, but it is not as if Marrone has delivered back to back 10-3 teams. He is 4-8, 8-5, 5-7, 8-5.

He seems to have the ship righted, but is nowhere close to the kind of team that can win 10 games playing an ACC schedule. If Marrone stays, he could have the pieces lined up to make a big run with Syracuse, or he could flounder in the ACC.

Marrone staying is insignificantly less a risk than making a new hire. That is so in part because the program now, 2 bowl winning teams in 3 years and headed to the ACC, is considerably more attractive than it was when Marrone was hired.
you have no idea what things were like for syracuse. Therefore, you shouldn't really comment on it.

LOL. This from someone whos' team hasn't won a bowl game since the 60's.

you have no idea what things were like for syracuse. Therefore, you shouldn't really comment on it.

I don't know what it is like from the inside, but I know the scores and the records. Syracuse is back to respectability, and that is a big deal. But that is no sure sign that Marrone can continue to make progress with Syracuse playing FSU, Clemson, and now Louisville annually. Wake is back to a lack of talent, but Grobe is the best HC in the ACC and always beats a team or two that definitely should have beaten Wake. NCSU just fired a coach for going 7-5 and, primarily, losing for the first time to UNC.

Marrone succeeding in the ACC is not a given. That being the case, there is no need to panic - unless you have no faith in Gross to make the right hire.

Do you have faith in Gross to replace Marrone - if he leaves - with the right man?

I don't know what it is like from the inside, but I know the scores and the records. Syracuse is back to respectability, and that is a big deal. But that is no sure sign that Marrone can continue to make progress with Syracuse playing FSU, Clemson, and now Louisville annually. Wake is back to a lack of talent, but Grobe is the best HC in the ACC and always beats a team or two that definitely should have beaten Wake. NCSU just fired a coach for going 7-5 and, primarily, losing for the first time to UNC.

Marrone succeeding in the ACC is not a given. That being the case, there is no need to panic - unless you have no faith in Gross to make the right hire.

Do you have faith in Gross to replace Marrone - if he leaves - with the right man?

Gross is batting .500 on FB HC hires. So his making another good hire is a crap shoot based on history.

I am in the camp that has never been 100% sold on Marrone. Thought we should have been a bowl team all 4 seasons he was here and we underachieved this season in the grand scheme of things. Maybe I am a tough grader but that is just one opinion. Losing him would not be the end of my world but I do understand that it will hurt the program from a recruiting standpoint.

That being said the fact he is taking a series of interviews has forever ruined any integrity he had in my mind and I imagine it is the same for some recruits at the moment. When you go around town saying how much you love the program and that it is a dream job and you want me as joe fan to support you, I do, and then you turn around and look at a number of other jobs it basically shows you to be a fraud.

I personally have a number of dream jobs at various levels of Athletics and the gig at Syracuse would be it for me at the collegiate level. If I had a chance at the 49ers I look into it as that is the NFL equivalent and I would not fault Marrone for looking at a job under that scenario but to be interviewing for every opening...do not want to hear dream job stuff if he comes back. Just shut up and win games as the honeymoon is over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom