How was that NOT a holding call in 4th quarter against | Syracusefan.com

How was that NOT a holding call in 4th quarter against

CaliCuse

All American
Ravens ? The 49ers shirt was "gropped and the dope in te booth is saying g"good no call. BS A penalty that greivous is critical to the outcome of te game. It probably cost JIm H the ring and bragging rights at Thanksgiving dinner.

I agree with you Cali. The concept of not making that call at the end of the game to me is silly. Also on the safety #84 bear hugs one of the niners as clear as day which allows an additional few seconds to fall off of the clock.

Ravens ? The 49ers shirt was "gropped and the dope in te booth is saying g"good no call. BS A penalty that greivous is critical to the outcome of te game. It probably cost JIm H the ring and bragging rights at Thanksgiving dinner.
+
It WAS NOT a blatant hold. I commend the official for not calling it.

I agree with you Cali. The concept of not making that call at the end of the game to me is silly. Also on the safety #84 bear hugs one of the niners as clear as day which allows an additional few seconds to fall off of the clock.
This would not have mattered, if they do throw a flag they cannot put time back on the clock after the fact. It's a safety one way or another.

actually the call for that holding would have been a safety. if balt had been thinking they would have had the entire team hold and let the clock run out..

actually the call for that holding would have been a safety. if balt had been thinking they would have had the entire team hold and let the clock run out..

You are right.

if you call holding on the defense on that 4th down play you have to call the offensive pass interference on crabtree as he clearly pushed off the defender

This seems to be exactly the logic the Ravens used... Harbaugh told his team to hold ever niner in the endzone knowing it couldn't hurt him. Another reason why he's a great coach.

+

Both arms around the WR isn't holding?

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

if you call holding on the defense on that 4th down play you have to call the offensive pass interference on crabtree as he clearly pushed off the defender

If you mean that 4th down play, it was an incidental push off as Crabtree ripped his arm free that was being held.

watching the replay today i saw they did.. great call.

SF got away with the PF not called earlier. also got the benefit of a roughing the kicker that was marginal. and got away with a holding in the endzone on the prev balt drive that caused them to kick a FG.

Wasn't any worse than the 49ers defender almost dragging Torey Smith down in the first quarter. I think the officials called the game pretty consistently.

Harbaugh can only has himself and his coaching staff to blame. Why not run some of the read option plays that worked all year since changing the quarterback? Kaepernick was the best player on the field most of the game because he was such a threat to run, why take that away once you reach the 8 yard line?

Friendly greeting is all - done all the time - in Haiti.

What about on the KO return for TD? There were TWO guys both holding the same defender. I mean really holding him. And it was relevant to the opening he ran through.

Wasn't any worse than the 49ers defender almost dragging Torey Smith down in the first quarter. I think the officials called the game pretty consistently.

Harbaugh can only has himself and his coaching staff to blame. Why not run some of the read option plays that worked all year since changing the quarterback? Kaepernick was the best player on the field most of the game because he was such a threat to run, why take that away once you reach the 8 yard line?

Might have this wrong but on the series inside the 10, Kaepernick started a play where he was clearly going to run but the play got whistled I think because someone called a TO.

+

It was one of those plays. 50/50. Enough contact that a call wouldn't have surprised me a bit. No call didn't bother me either, as much as I didn't want Ray Lewis to win anything. WR/DB battles are hardly black and white. Other than maybe OL holding, it's the most subjective thing refs do.

It was one of those plays. 50/50. Enough contact that a call wouldn't have surprised me a bit. No call didn't bother me either, as much as I didn't want Ray Lewis to win anything. WR/DB battles are hardly black and white. Other than maybe OL holding, it's the most subjective thing refs do.

contact is one thing. having your arms wrapped around the player is quite a nother.

contact is one thing. having your arms wrapped around the player is quite a nother.

Perhaps they felt the ball was an uncatchable ball as it landed about 5 yards out of bounds

Perhaps they felt the ball was an uncatchable ball as it landed about 5 yards out of bounds

they talked about that too today since someone said it during the game. it was about 4 feet. not yards. if crabtree was not held up, he may have made the over the shoulder catch. when you watch it, you see it was very catchable.

they talked about that too today since someone said it during the game. it was about 4 feet. not yards. if crabtree was not held up, he may have made the over the shoulder catch. when you watch it, you see it was very catchable.
I don't think that's relevant for a holding call. Only on pass interference.

I don't think that's relevant for a holding call. Only on pass interference.

correct. inside the 5 yards from the los, it was a hold. once in the end zone, it was a pi. either could have been called.

2 things... 1 for each side of the argument.

i think some people may be getting PI and holding confused. I have only seen it twice, but iirc it was not PI.

The ball being uncatchable doesnt matter. Kaep could have thrown the ball away - it would have still been holding.

contact is allowed for the 1st 5 yards. Seeing that the ball was perfectly on the 5 yard line, it makes for an easier call on when the contact must end. Again, IIRC the holding starting just before the end zone and ended approx a yard or 2 in. Its not like he held him on a crossing route, where more of the holding calls tend to be called. He called him on a vertical route which is a tad harder because you tend to give them a little bit longer than 5 yards of contact on a vertical.

I hate to see a game end like that. I would have hated if they called it though. I think I lean about 60-40 to should have been called def holding.

correct. inside the 5 yards from the los, it was a hold. once in the end zone, it was a pi. either could have been called.
At first look, I thought good no call. However, once you see it more than once, it is an obvious hold and as much as it hurts, you have to call it. The non call won the Ravens the super Bowl.

Only no contact was made before the pass was thrown, so there is, by definition , not a holding call able to be made, only pass interference , which it wasn't b

2 things... 1 for each side of the argument.

i think some people may be getting PI and holding confused. I have only seen it twice, but iirc it was not PI.

The ball being uncatchable doesnt matter. Kaep could have thrown the ball away - it would have still been holding.

contact is allowed for the 1st 5 yards. Seeing that the ball was perfectly on the 5 yard line, it makes for an easier call on when the contact must end. Again, IIRC the holding starting just before the end zone and ended approx a yard or 2 in. Its not like he held him on a crossing route, where more of the holding calls tend to be called. He called him on a vertical route which is a tad harder because you tend to give them a little bit longer than 5 yards of contact on a vertical.

I hate to see a game end like that. I would have hated if they called it though. I think I lean about 60-40 to should have been called def holding.

agree with what you said. it was a hold those forst 5 yards. after that, since the hold still continued into the end zone, the could have also called pi if they wanted to ignore the hold those first 5 yards. they have 2 chances to call a penalty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom