Votes: 23 46.9%
  • A little Worried

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Freekin' scared we might be NIT bound

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters
I'd like one more choice: very worried.

I don't think we are NIT-bound.

This is why the football board thinks the basketball board sucks. Can we play some big east teams before everyone's up in arms...seems like lots of overreaction today.

I think we have a lot of nervous nellies on this forum. I'm not worried at all. We are 4th in the country in rebounding (1 thing we couldn't do very well last year), and IMO have the best Pg in the country ( just needs to get his head on straight which he will). These 2 things translate very well in the post season. Free throw shooting will also be better they are in a funk right now. Cooney is getting his stroke also. The problems we have are all fixable.

The team currently has a bad habit of playing to our opponents talent level. Once we shake that the pieces are there to make a run

Before the Detroit game, this was a good team that needed to improve. We weren't as good as some on here hoped we were.

Today, this is a good team that needs to improve. We're not as bad as some think we are. There's nothing to worry about. This is a more limited team than any of the last three editions. Michael Carter-Williams isn't Sherman Douglas. We aren't getting good post production. We don't seem to shoot well. Our transition defense is poor. But this group could be very good by March and still has as good a chance to reach the Final Four as it did two weeks ago.

Yeah not worried (I worry only about things I can control) but I've been concerned that this team is going to be more like the 2011 team than the 2010 or 2012 teams.

Yeah not worried (I worry only about things I can control) but I've been concerned that this team is going to be more like the 2011 team than the 2010 or 2012 teams.
And that shouldn't surprise anyone.
We lost alot and just like that 2011 team, we'll probably get to a Sweet16 and anything else after that is gravy.
The last few years have spoiled our fanbase to ridiculous levels- so much so that an 11-1 record 1/3 of the way through the season, is somehow prompting irrational threads like this one. :crazy:

We lost alot and just like that 2011 team, we'll probably get to a Sweet16 and anything else after that is gravy.
The last few years have spoiled our fanbase to ridiculous levels- so much so that an 11-1 record 1/3 of the way through the season, is somehow prompting irrational threads like this one. :crazy:

Yeah not that team lost in the round of 32...I hate losing but losing in the first weekend is the worst! For the record I still think we will at least get to the second weekend.

This is why the football board thinks the basketball board sucks. Can we play some big east teams before everyone's up in arms...seems like lots of overreaction today.

have you watched the last 90 minutes of bball???????

changing expectations is the same as having concern/worry, just calling it a different name.

we were a legit top 1 or 2 team in the entire country according to 95% of the board and top 5 by 100% of the board.

saying we are only sweet 16 bound is severe expectation change.

and unfortunately, you are right with your assesment.

but in no way, shape or form is this an irrational thread. proven by you only thinking we are sweet 16 bound all of a sudden.

Not very worried. Lots of talent on this team. We just need to get out of this non conference schedule and play some big time teams to get the competitive juices more flowing.

If people are panicking because of the last 2 games jesus get a grip. If it lasts another month then maybe I will get worried.

It doesn't matter how you play now its matters how you play in march.

It doesn't matter how you play now its matters how you play in march.

Cue Louisville last year. They were terrible and then got hot in March.

People need to stop analyzing certain games or parts of certain games and just let the damn season play out.

I'd like one more choice: very worried.

I don't think we are NIT-bound.
Not Sure if serious.jpg

I am assuming you're not, but since you're posting on the Basketball board, I couldn't be 100% sure. ;)

If some of you folks think we are going to solve all of our problems in the next game or two, you are truly dilusional. There are too many pieces that are going to take the better part of the season before they are even close to being decent.
Remember where we were when the season started. Cooney has improved. DC2 has improved. By leaps and bounds, no. But if you've been watching, you could see the progression.
A lot of time left until March.

Anyone who legitimately thinks that we're going to the NIT should not be allowed to operate heavy machinery.

Wish I was on this board after the lemoyne loss 3 years ago. If its this bad today, I can't imagine how it was then. That season turned out alright.

Wish I was on this board after the lemoyne loss 3 years ago. If its this bad today, I can't imagine how it was then. That season turned out alright.

flat out embarrassing

Well, this was sorta the point made by more 'moderate' members — that the early season hoopla was premature.
That was an overreaction, as well.

So, answering the OP's question: I'm 'quite' worried. But., worried about what? Worried we won't win the National Championship? No. I never considered that a reasonable expectation. Worried that we won't win the conference? I thought that was a possibility, but again not an expectation. Worried that we will fail to live up to the top 10 ranking and hype? Yah. Quite.

1. We have no interior offensive presence. No post game. Rak has those skills in development, but we will never go to him enough to make him a threat.
2. We're probably offensively only as good as Southerland is, per game. And he's just too inconsistent from the outside.
3. I don't like the feel of MCW's priorities. He began as a point guard. Then when talk about him going pro arose, he began trying to prove he was a scorer, too. That isn't working.
4. We're playing too much with a front line of Keita, Southerland, and Fair. That's too small to hunt during BE season. In these low-leverage games, i wish we were more focused on developing Rak and DC.

I'm not worried. If SU trails late in the second half in the NCAA tournament, that's when I'll worry.

Well, this was sorta the point made by more 'moderate' members — that the early season hoopla was premature.
That was an overreaction, as well.

So, answering the OP's question: I'm 'quite' worried. But., worried about what? Worried we won't win the National Championship? No. I never considered that a reasonable expectation. Worried that we won't win the conference? I thought that was a possibility, but again not an expectation. Worried that we will fail to live up to the top 10 ranking and hype? Yah. Quite.

1. We have no interior offensive presence. No post game. Rak has those skills in development, but we will never go to him enough to make him a threat.
2. We're probably offensively only as good as Southerland is, per game. And he's just too inconsistent from the outside.
3. I don't like the feel of MCW's priorities. He began as a point guard. Then when talk about him going pro arose, he began trying to prove he was a scorer, too. That isn't working.
4. We're playing too much with a front line of Keita, Southerland, and Fair. That's too small to hunt during BE season. In these low-leverage games, i wish we were more focused on developing Rak and DC.

Ditto. Don't get why we're going with the low-ceiling approach (again) during what should be the developmental portion of the season.

Cue Louisville last year. They were terrible and then got hot in March.

People need to stop analyzing certain games or parts of certain games and just let the damn season play out.

Some people were able to see our weaknesses even when we were blowing out the Lesser Thans. Not everyone is reacting to a couple of snapshots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom