UConn

2 for 1's
SH

Guarantee Games
PC
DePaul
USF
Rutgers

I'm thinking the only teams that get a sniff would be something in a major recruiting area. Possibly Georgetown, Nova and St Johns. I could be wrong but I don't see playing any of those other teams. What value is there in playing at Louisville, Marquette or at Yukon. We generally don't play teams like that. We play teams like Canisius, Colgate, Cornell, Wagner and UAlbany and none of them are on your list.

Home and Home Potential:
Gtown
Nova
UConn

2 for 1's
Marquette
Cincy

Guarantee Games
SH
PC
DePaul
USF
Rutgers

In terms of future OOC opponents?

The options being:
Home and Home opponent
2 home games for us, 1 for them
Guarantee game (no return date)

My view:

Home and Home Potential:
Gtown
Nova
Marquette
Cincy
UConn

2 for 1's
SH

Guarantee Games
PC
DePaul
USF
Rutgers
Orangeman ... You must be kidding. SU scheduling teams like Marquette and Louisville OOC would require a seismic shift in our scheduling strategy.

Take a look at the SU OOC schedule for 2012-13 below with 18 Big East games. The only reason Arkansas at Arkansas is on the schedule is that we were required to do it because it was part of the SEC - Big East Challenge.

I see yearly games with St Johns and Villanova to keep a presence in NY and Phila. But none of these others is going to make the cut. We will be playing Maryland and Virginia so we have DC covered. No need to play GU.

2012 -13 SU OOC Schedule

San Diego State USS Midway, San Diego, CA
Wagner Home
Princeton Home
Colgate Home
Arkansas Fayetteville, AK
Eastern Michigan Home
Long Beach State Home
Monmouth Home
Canisius Home
Detroit Home
Temple MSG
Alcorn State Home
Central Connecticut Home

You guys know we had a H/H with Louisville as recently as 2000 right?

You guys know we had a H/H with Louisville as recently as 2000 right?
How many top teams have we had a home and home with since then. Very few.

I'm not saying we will ever schedule any of these teams. If we did schedule ville, as has been done, it would be home and home. If we did schedule PC, I think it would be a guarantee.

It's a question of where they fit in hypothetically. Not a question of what will happen.

How many top teams have we had a home and home with since then. Very few.

NC State x 2
Michigan St
Mizzou
Memphis
Uva

I dont know how many of those would be defined as "top teams." NCSU, MSU, Mizzou and Memphis all made the tournament when we played them.

We usually have a H/H with a top team once per year. Less than I would like, but it's not like it's some radical concept the last few years.

Doesn't "home and home" mean you have to play on the road?

We'll play a road game every other year as part of the ACC-Big 10 thingy, assuming that continues. In the off years, I can a road game at MSG, Verizon, or Wells Fargo. Maybe once a decade we'll play a Big 12 or Pac-12 team in a H&H.

Pick 2, that's it. We're not going to play top-25 teams for craps and giggles just because we used to play those teams.

A healthy ACC schedule then three of Gtown/UL/Yukon/Marq/Nova is probably the #1 schedule in the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom