How would you rather dominate the game? | Syracusefan.com

How would you rather dominate the game?

Which part of the game is most important to dominate in todays CBB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
What part of the game do you think is most important to dominate?

I think in todays game rebounding is most important. You take away opposing offenses second chance opportunities and give yourself a chance to capitalize on your own. It's dominating your opponents failure to convert/be physical.

Trueblue25 said:
What part of the game do you think is most important to dominate? I think in todays game rebounding is most important. You take away opposing offenses second chance opportunities and give yourself a chance to capitalize on your own. It's dominating your opponents failure to convert/be physical.

Three point shooting.

I hate to say it but I think it's three point shooting. Very few teams win if they can't open the court up.

You're asking two different questions between the poll title and thread title. I'd prefer to dominate a game in transition because it's exciting. However, I think 3 point shooting is the most important area of the game in today's college hoops environment.

I believe the most important metric in the game is turnover margin.

Defense is the most important right now. When's the last time a good offensive team won the title? Uconn. Louisville. Kentucky. None of them were known for putting the ball in the basket. The same can be said for our Final Four team in 2013.

Defense is the most important right now. When's the last time a good offensive team won the title. Uconn. Louisville. Kentucky. None of them were known for putting the ball in the basket. The same can be said for our Final Four team in 2013.

For whatever its worth, Kentucky finished 2012 second in offensive efficieny, and 8th in defensive efficiency.

UConn was 39th in offense, 10th in defense. 2013 Lville 4th in offense, third in defense. In 2011 Uconn was 18th in offense, 13th in defense. Duke in 2010 was first in offense, 8th in defense. 2009 UNC was first in offense, 21st in defense. I'm not gonna keep going, but the teams that win are usually great at both ends.

Defense is the most important right now. When's the last time a good offensive team won the title? Uconn. Louisville. Kentucky. None of them were known for putting the ball in the basket. The same can be said for our Final Four team in 2013.
Defense wins championships...heard that once

Defense. If the opponent does not get a lot of open shots, it does not matter if they can make 3s. If you don't play good defense, there will not be any defensive rebounds to grab.

It's defense. Teams have gotten by without great rebounding, shooting, transition play. The only two undefeated teams left are the two best defensive teams in the country.

It's defense. Teams have gotten by without great rebounding, shooting, transition play. The only two undefeated teams left are the two best defensive teams in the country.

I wanted to look up the defensive efficiency rankings, it doesn't change your point really, but UK is #1 in defense and UVA is #3; it might take you a while to guess #2.

defense for sure, because great defenses usually create transition opportunities that really help to inflate offensive efficiency. and even when you don't get out in transition, you always have at least a chance to win when every game is a rock fight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom