9. Georgetown
10. Marquette
11. Baylor
12. Michigan
13. Florida
14. Wisconsin
15. Louisville
16. Florida State
Thus, my brackets today would look like this remember they use geography and not a 1 v. 16 and 2 v. 15
South
1. Kentucky
2. North Carolina
3. Baylor
4. Florida State
East
1. Syracuse
2. Ohio State
3. Georgetown
4. Wisconsin
Midwest
1. Missouri
2. Michigan State
3. Marquette
4. Florida
West
1. Duke
2. Kansas
3. Michigan
4. Louisville
How do you guys see it going 3 weeks from now?

We would be #1. We are #1 in the rpi. The committee doesn't look to the polls.

One rule they must follow that you broke - Top three teams from each conference all have to be in a different region from each other, so the S curve never really lasts throughout the top 4 seeds.

That being said your 16 teams and seeds seem pretty reasonable and in line with mine, and yes it is debatable whether Kentucky or SU will be the #1 overall seed. Not sure where the committee would go right now. I did have Indiana and UNLV in the top 16 BEFORE this weekend's games, but they are out now.

You did follow the unwritten rule that Duke must have the most favourable matchup in the sweet 16 (think Purdue in 2010).

im hoping we get ohio state as the 2 in our bracket

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

I keep those kind of pictures locked away, thank you very much for asking..

Adjusting the rule that top 3 teams from the same conference can't play till the final 4 which is great for us because I don't want to play Georgetown or Marquette I would make the following changes.
South
1. Kentucky
2. North Carolina
3. Georgetown
4. Wisconsin
East
1. Syracuse
2. Ohio State
3. Baylor
4. Florida State
Midwest
1. Missouri
2. Michigan State
3. Marquette
4. Florida
West
1. Duke
2. Kansas
3. Michigan
4. Louisville

Only other teams I could see cracking the top 16 are Wichita State,UNLV that is really it. This year the top 16 are kind of locked in IMO.

Michigan St could very well be a 1 seed. After yesterday's win, they took over the #2 slot in RPI, supplanting Duke, who had been there for weeks.

Michigan St could very well be a 1 seed. After yesterday's win, they took over the #2 slot in RPI, supplanting Duke, who had been there for weeks.
Michigan State is a good team, but I don't see them getting a 1 seed unless they win out because those losses to Northwestern and Illinois are what take a 1 seed from them. IMO the 1 seeds will be UK, SU, Big XII winner, and ACC winner because I believe all Big Ten teams will lose another game and Duke or UNC will win out I believe.

They're unranked as of this morning but New Mexico could still get into the 4 (maybe 3) line if they run the table and take down the MWC tourney. I think Wisconsin could drop. They're 2-6 against ranked (not RPI) oppenents and still have Ohio State left (Minnesota and Illinois aren't cake walks either).

They're unranked as of this morning but New Mexico could still get into the 4 (maybe 3) line if they run the table and take down the MWC tourney. I think Wisconsin could drop. They're 2-6 against ranked (not RPI) oppenents and still have Ohio State left (Minnesota and Illinois aren't cake walks either).

Dont sell Illinois short...they are a tremendous cakewalk.

Only other teams I could see cracking the top 16 are Wichita State,UNLV that is really it. This year the top 16 are kind of locked in IMO.

I would agree its getting pretty defined about who is the pod seeds, and as of right now their is a clear separation between the two and three seeds as well.

Wichita St and New Mexico seem the best candidates. Indiana could get there with a run to the final of the Big 10 tourney, but that seems unlikely. Virginia maybe if it wins the ACC tourney.

Michigan State is a good team, but I don't see them getting a 1 seed unless they win out because those losses to Northwestern and Illinois are what take a 1 seed from them. IMO the 1 seeds will be UK, SU, Big XII winner, and ACC winner because I believe all Big Ten teams will lose another game and Duke or UNC will win out I believe.
That's very possible too. I was looking at their resume and comparing them to ours:

Record vs. teams Ranked
Record SOS 1-25 26-50 51-100 101-200
Syracuse 27-1 21 4-0 3-1 5-0 11-0
Michigan St 21-5 2 7-3 0-1 3-1 7-0

NW is 43, while ND is 39. Not much of a difference there. Agreed, our resume is better. I just think that when it comes down to it, SU, KY, Duke are all 1 seeds. The last comes down to Mich St/Mizzou/KS, IMO.

EDIT: Formatting didn't turn out right. Last 4 'columns' are the teams' record vs. teams ranked 1-25, 26-50, etc.

i can totally see mich st winning out and getting a 1

which is good, because if they are a 1, they cant be the 2 in SU's bracket.

dont want to see them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom