Howard Washington 'hitting milestones' in knee rehab | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Howard Washington 'hitting milestones' in knee rehab

It was a guess and the article itselt said he's only running in straight lines. When he's cleared for contact, then you can be optimistic.

Practice is four months away. He will be cutting and pivoting significantly earlier than that. He might redshirt, but it won’t be because of his ACL/MCL.

If Washington redshirts, not because of his knee, but because he won't get minutes...that would be a very good thing. He looks like a solid PG and will get better as he ages/matures.

Doesn’t make sense for him to avoid redshirting.

who is our backup point guard?

1. Frank Howard
2. Tyus Battle
3. Hughes
4. Carey
5. Boeheim

I don't think the question is who is the backup point guard. It's who are the guards that would have to be off of the floor before Washington is likely to see minutes. I think things would have to get awfully interesting before you'd have enough guys sitting in a combination to that would result in HW getting minutes.

We literally had no available bodies last year after Howard and Battle (who are back) and JB had to choke on his own bile before he would put HW in the game. He spent the entire off season on the shelf rehabbing an injury, that isn't a recipe for getting minutes this season. I personally don't believe he will ever play here, but realize there is room for differing opinions on his longer term potential.

Just a hunch based on his comments and his mentality. He doesnt think he should take a backseat to anyone and welcomes the comp.

Well what he thinks and what JB thinks are 2 different things. JB is the coach and makes the decisions, and I can guarantee he will play backseat to Howard, Carey, Hughes, and Battle, and he may even play backseat to Buddy.

Well what he thinks and what JB thinks are 2 different things. JB is the coach and makes the decisions, and I can guarantee he will play backseat to Howard, Carey, Hughes, and Battle, and he may even play backseat to Buddy.

Of course but he also cant force Howard to redshirt. Works both ways

Of course but he also cant force Howard to redshirt. Works both ways
Tis true, but I was just responding to the part about him not thinking he should take a back seat to anyone, when clearly he has 4 others who have more experience, skill and potential ahead of him. If he doesn't think he should take a back seat to them, then he might want to rethink his thought. He could barely get p/t before the injury and behind only 2 guards, so I'm not sure where he thinks he is going to get p/t after the injury with 4-5 guars ahead of him.

Tis true, but I was just responding to the part about him not thinking he should take a back seat to anyone, when clearly he has 4 others who have more experience, skill and potential ahead of him. If he doesn't think he should take a back seat to them, then he might want to rethink his thought. He could barely get p/t before the injury and behind only 2 guards, so I'm not sure where he thinks he is going to get p/t after the injury with 4-5 guars ahead of him.

Im totally on the he should redshirt train

Im totally on the he should redshirt train

Wasn't he a Butler commit initially? Not saying I want him to transfer, but if he did, they would have him at PG, the younger Battle at SG, Tucker at SF, and Golden at PF...all Syracuse near commits.

Wasn't he a Butler commit initially? Not saying I want him to transfer, but if he did, they would have him at PG, the younger Battle at SG, Tucker at SF, and Golden at PF...all Syracuse near commits.

Yup and he prepped...kid can play and will be a big time player before he leaves from the Hill

True.

I mean he struggled pretty badly before the injury. If he wasn't flat out 'bad' noone cares about Gino quitting.

We're lucky we had to play Bayer and not him vs MSU.

I kind of want him competing for minutes so he is in a position to challenge for the starting spot as a JR. Whats the point in having him if he falls way behind Jimmy/Jalen/Elijah? Competing with those guys, playing well in garbage time, and generally looking good in a limited role is what I'd assume is in his best interest.

Looks like with the injury he'll be where Moyer was prior to his freshman season where its up to him and could go either way. Sitting out a year didn't help Matt. If Moyer was able to step in for Marek in the Duke game and not be awful we win that one.

I know he appeared in most games for a minute or two and the injury didn't happen that early but I think he played so little that there is a chance he gets his freshman season back from the NCAA in terms of eligibility (likely for another program.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom