Hoya fans planning to "invade" the Dome | Syracusefan.com

Hoya fans planning to "invade" the Dome

zibby

Starter
Linky

we hope you'll be one of the 300 Hoyas who joins us as we invade the dome one last time in support of the Blue and Gray!

If taking up less than 1% of the seats is "invading," what does that make what SU fans do to Verizon?

Linky

If taking up less than 1% of the seats is "invading," what does that make what SU fans do to Verizon?

Verizon Center is our home, but they certainly bring enough fans there to consider that their "invasion."

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

If Whittington doesn't come back, and maybe even if he does, that game is going to be an absolute beat down. Our length will make it impossible for Otto Porter to score and they have little else. Add in all the emotion from Carmelo and a huge crowd and its going to get ugly. So I reckon those fans are going to have a pretty miserable trip.

Linky

I wonder what they will have more of that day, Georgetown fans invaders or Big East wins? That loss to USF yesterday dropped them to 2-3 in conference play. Their bad fan base is well matched with their bad team.

I wonder what they will have more of that day, Georgetown fans invaders or Big East wins? That loss to USF yesterday dropped them to 2-3 in conference play. Their bad fan base is well matched with their bad team.

2-3 and their next two are @ND and UL at home. So could be 2-5 with two games against us still on the slate.

Their fans should start rooting against other bubble teams now because I think it's going to be closer than they think.

I actually saw posts warning other posters to be careful if they come up to the dome with 30kplus. They were saying prepared to be heckled all game and be beaten up. I actually think our fans are pretty gracious to opposing fans I'm not sure why they would say that? I guess 3000:1 is a bit intimidating though

If history is any indication, 150 of those packages will be bought by DC based Syracuse fans who want to go to the game here.

In essence, we'll invade their invasion.

Ironic, huh?

As an aside, that game is at 4:00, and Georgetown will still suck....

As will both of their fans

Linky

The Verizon was annexed years ago. If anything, 1 could say Gtown fans do a pretty good job of invading Syracuse's Verizon Center in Wash DC when we play eachother.

Verizon Center is our home, but they certainly bring enough fans there to consider that their "invasion."

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

DAMMIT. I NEED TO READ THE WHOLE THREAD BEFORE RESPONDING.

but your post is brilliant (obviously)

I actually saw posts warning other posters to be careful if they come up to the dome with 30kplus. They were saying prepared to be heckled all game and be beaten up. I actually think our fans are pretty gracious to opposing fans I'm not sure why they would say that? I guess 3000:1 is a bit intimidating though

Well, as GU fans learned a couple of years ago, if you stand and turn around and yell to the SU fans behind you, you are going to get heckled.

Philosophy 101: If 300 GU fans "invade" the Dome filled with 30,000 SU fans does it make a sound?

This is a moot point because there aren't 300 GU fans....

Silly Hoya fan, invading is for Syracuse fans in your arena.

How can they expect 300 Georgetown fans to make their way to the alleged hellhole that is Syracuse, New York when they can't seem to make it across town to the Verizon Center?

Dude in the backwards white hat is waving his arms like a monkey. I think his new nickname should be "Koko".

I thought maybe it was a typo, but it seems you did mean to write "fans" instead of "fan" in the thread title. Good for G'Town, their fanbase is clearly growing!!

i was in the section next to the georgtown fans in that clip.The idiots started egging on the fans behind them and then complain on their bord that they were assulted.
Went to a couple of games at McDoungh arena and the cap center. We Lost every time I went, but while I cheered SU, I never got into it with the surrounding fans.
By the way its 2:30, ...AND GEORGETOWN STILL SUCKS!

This is funny. I think I'm going to the GTown game with 300 friends. By their measure, I guess I am personally "invading" the Verizon Center.

They wish they had our fan firepower/support, but they will always be just a bunch of pathetic little biitches.

GTown, and especially their fans, will always suck.

Fans should never be physically assaulted.
Besides, isn't it embarrassing enough being a G-town fan?

I LOOOOOAAAAATHE G-TOWN.

GO ORANGE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom