Huge! | Syracusefan.com

Huge!

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
John Raymon is 6-foot-5, 316 pounds, Eric Crume is 6-0, 304 pounds, Zian Jones is 6-4, 335 pounds, Davon Walls is 6-5, 312 pounds and Jay Bromley is 6-4, 293 pounds.

I can't remember a DL at Syracuse University that big.

I am truly amazed at how massive this team has gotten in a short period of time.

I hope these guys can play.

Half ton D-Line. When's the last time we had that kind of size?

John Raymon is 6-foot-5, 316 pounds, Eric Crume is 6-0, 304 pounds, Zian Jones is 6-4, 335 pounds, Davon Walls is 6-5, 312 pounds and Jay Bromley is 6-4, 293 pounds.

I am truly amazed at how massive this team has gotten in a short period of time.

It has to be the largest collective group of DTs we've ever had, in terms of weight and probably height too. And we know it's not all fat, Raymon/Jones/Walls have the height to carry that weight, Crume looks in great shape. Hope they're agile enough as well (we know Bromley is).

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefoot...versity_footballs_4.html#incart_river_default

Fort Drum, NY -- The Syracuse University football team is going through preseason camp as if redshirt freshman defensive tackle John Raymon will be eligible to play in the opener vs. Northwestern at noon Sept. 1 in the Carrier Dome. Raymon is, too.
“Yeah, I am,” he said. “Everything sounds good. I think it’s going to be passed within a week or two, so I feel great about it.”

2002 would be the closest.

If nothing else, our OL will not be surprised by what they face from other teams.

If they can just stand straight up and fall forward, backward, left, or right - they would still do better at stopping the run than the D-line in previous years being blown right off the LOS.

And next year's version will be even HUGER when Wayne Williams replaces "little" Deon Goggins who graduates.

I don't know if these guys can play individually or as a unit.

But two years ago against BC in the Dome, BC pushed our defensive line all over the place. We were undersized at least vs. the BC OL we were.

This addresses that at least. Now the key is how good their feet are and can the LBs and DBs play off these guys and provide the necessary speed to stop teams.

dont forget sloan is back next year as well and he is a pretty big boy also

Instead of "Four Wheel Drive" we may have this:

7081059.jpg