Hughes can't be Superman for 40 minutes | Syracusefan.com

Hughes can't be Superman for 40 minutes

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Hughes is good. Really good. But he can't be perfect. It's too much to expect out of him.

I think the only way to solve the defense this season is to go against all of Boeheim's instincts, abandon the zone, lengthen the bench, and press for 40 minutes.

Hughes is good. Really good. But he can't be perfect. It's too much to expect out of him.

I think the only way to solve the defense this season is to go against all of Boeheim's instincts, abandon the zone, lengthen the bench, and press for 40 minutes.
He was super man for 20 today. He was Towel boy for what felt like the other 20

What makes you think this group would be good at pressing? What talent do you see on the bench that just has to play? We just aren't good enough. No system change will change that. We aren't all that far off either. But we won't get there this year.

What makes you think this group would be good at pressing? What talent do you see on the bench that just has to play? We just aren't good enough. No system change will change that. We aren't all that far off either. But we won't get there this year.
It's not that I think we would be good at pressing, as we've shown we aren't a good zone team, and pressing would lead to some chaos, which can help a different team, and also throw a curve ball into how teams prepare for us.

It's not that I think we would be good at pressing, as we've shown we aren't a good zone team, and pressing would lead to some chaos, which can help a different team, and also throw a curve ball into how teams prepare for us.
I think teams could prepare for us by eating chocolate and watching lifetime movies and nothing would change.

I'm curious if Hughes is getting tired as his jumpers fall short in the second half? He works hard to get open and along with playing hard on D you have possibly one worn out guy.
I think this is very likely.

watch the end of the hoya game . very funny moment when trailing by 10 very late one of the announcers suggests "well syracuse will have to come out of the zone" awkward pause. then jovial laughter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom