Hunts play vs Boyd | Syracusefan.com

Hunts play vs Boyd

upperdeck

Living Legend
Im not sure that the play calling helped him out at times. there were times he made plays, sometimes he made the wrong play and sometimes he tried to do too much.

He had RB's open early and often checked down too late, but you can live on that type of throw.

I thought Boyd made 3-4 really good throws. too many were just gimmees though and I wonder how he would do trying to throw to our guys who were seldom open. He struggled the few times we made him check down.

I don't even know how you can judge Hunt with our receivers being a complete non factor.

Also remember this too, Boyd is a senior and how many games has he played so far compared to Hunt. Going to take time but Hunt will be really improved next year.

I knew that Hunt wasn't going to complete 77% of his passes, akin to the ridiculous clip he'd been converting since he started getting PT.

But today's performance was disappointing. We were overmatched on both sides of the ball, but I was hoping that Hunt would show some moxie, move the sticks, and score some points to keep it respectable. That didn't happen today, and he looked rather poor instead of the up-and-comer many of us believe him to be.

I'm still very excited about this kid's future, but today was a putrid performance for Hunt. Not pinning the entirety of the poor offensive execution on him, either--there were lots of culprits all over the field.

we spent so much time trying to run early and went 1-2 yds. only a couple times did we try to pass enough early to help the running game.

I thought Hunt had a couple good plays mostly with his feet. And he made some terrible decisions. Some of his decisions he got lucky on. Like when he tried to throw the ball up when he was getting sacked and it was picked for his 4th INT but his knee was down. Some good some bad. Wasn't impressed with his arm or accuracy throwing the ball. From watching our WR play the first two games and then this game it is clear why I think the coaching staff picked Allen to start. I think the coaching staff knew the WR play was going to be really poor and just went with the kid with the big arm hoping he can fit it into some tight widows knowing the WRs wouldn't be getting much separation.

I knew that Hunt wasn't going to complete 77% of his passes, akin to the ridiculous clip he'd been converting since he started getting PT.

But today's performance was disappointing. We were overmatched on both sides of the ball, but I was hoping that Hunt would show some moxie, move the sticks, and score some points to keep it respectable. That didn't happen today, and he looked rather poor instead of the up-and-comer many of us believe him to be.

I'm still very excited about this kid's future, but today was a putrid performance for Hunt. Not pinning the entirety of the poor offensive execution on him, either--there were lots of culprits all over the field.

He did what he could to move the sticks with his feet. He had 60 yards on the ground. Receivers didn't do their part. Ashton needed yo catch that 3rd down pass right in his hands. And the other guys just need to get open some how.

He did what he could to move the sticks with his feet. He had 60 yards on the ground. Receivers didn't do their part. Ashton needed yo catch that 3rd down pass right in his hands. And the other guys just need to get open some how.

He did run the ball effectively. That's very true.

I was referring more to him completing ~33% of his passes for a meager 52 yards, given how prolific and efficient he'd been prior to today's game.

He did run the ball effectively. That's very true.

I was referring more to him completing ~33% of his passes for a meager 52 yards, given how prolific and efficient he'd been prior to today's game.

Agreed. Would have been great to see.

I was referring to to "showing moxie and moving the chains" line - seemed like he did with his feet.

Memo to Terrel: can the chucking it when you're going down. He was lucky as hell that one play wasn't a pick six.

The kids 3rd start and was against #3...tough to get a good read, 1 horrible team, 1 a bit under average and a fantastic team. NC State will be a nice measuring stick game but I do not have faith that our receivers will get open and need for Jerome to have a 170+ yard day.

One thing I'd like to see is Morris and Smith next to Hunt in the backfield.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom