Hypothetically, if Cuse gets Duarte and either Ayala or Washington, how good is the class? | Syracusefan.com

Hypothetically, if Cuse gets Duarte and either Ayala or Washington, how good is the class?

OttosBestFriend

2nd String
Hypothetically, if SU gets Duarte and either Ayala or Washington, how good is the class when compared to other classes at 'Cuse since the 2003 title?

That would be a 4-player class (counting Moyer towards 2016) that addresses 4 positions of need with players that could, conceivably, all play 2 or more positions?

Including 2003 and running through 2017, that's 15 total classes.

Where you you rank that hypothetical 4-player class? Top 5? Bottom 3?

I'm truly lost as to where that group would rank.

Feel free to make 2 assessments - one with Ayala and another with Washington.

I think there is a big difference between Ayala and Washington. If we were to get Ayala and Duarte I think it would compare favorably to classes we have had over the last 10 years. I will let Francis go into more detail as he knows a lot more than I. Also if I were to recount our last 4 classes I would probably start crying thinking about all of our missed opportunities.

I think there is a big difference between Ayala and Washington. If we were to get Ayala and Duarte I think it would compare favorably to classes we have had over the last 10 years. I will let Francis go into more detail as he knows a lot more than I. Also if I were to recount our last 4 classes I would probably start crying thinking about all of our missed opportunities.
Plus, we will bring in more 5th year guys.

Plus, we will bring in more 5th year guys.
Agreed. If we had Ayala and Duarte with Sidibe, Brissett and Moyer along with a grad transfer SF and PG that would be solid. I think we will need both even with Battle back and Ayala and Duarte. I don't think Duarte will be able to contribute right away and Ayala might but we need another solid PG because I think Howard isn't going to be here or figure the thing out.

We need to know what our needs are first and we won't know that until we see who stays.

We need to know what our needs are first and we won't know that until we see who stays.

Uh, we know for damn sure we need a PG, maybe 2, and could certainly use a SG, and a SF.
Even if everybody who can stay, stays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom