I’m numb now to SU basketball :( | Syracusefan.com

I’m numb now to SU basketball :(

JrodCuse

All Conference
I’m so sad writing this. I’m an optimist...always have been and always will be. I never thought I’d become so apathetic to Syracuse basketball. I record every game, I go out of my way to watch them. But this year just feels different. I tried to convince myself otherwise when we beat up on the cupcakes, but watching the OK St game just gave me this empty, hollow feeling. I recorded but didn’t even watch the PSU game. I looked at the score and just said yep, that looks about right.

I love Boeheim and everything he’s done for the program, but wow has this program taken a jump off a cliff in a really fast manner. I never thought we’d get to the point where we’re getting blown out by 20ish points against mediocre P5 teams.

I get we’re young...but I mean this is bad. I almost with Buddy wasn’t here, it would make this situation so much easier to deal with. How deep are we going to descend before coach hangs it up?

It’s a sad day as a cuse b-ball fan looking at the scores in our 4 losses so far this year. I really hope this can be turned around, but it’s starting to look harder and harder to fix what’s happening at the program without severe changes from the top down.

07224f58-6dfa-4ca5-bb03-ddaaf2db8210_text.gif

What’s the fix here? I’d love to see Boeheim turn this around and close out his career on a high note (another S16/F4)...but how?

I’m so sad writing this. I’m an optimist...always have been and always will be. I never thought I’d become so apathetic to Syracuse basketball. I record every game, I go out of my way to watch them. But this year just feels different. I tried to convince myself otherwise when we beat up on the cupcakes, but watching the OK St game just gave me this empty, hollow feeling. I recorded but didn’t even watch the PSU game. I looked at the score and just said yep, that looks about right.

I love Boeheim and everything he’s done for the program, but wow has this program taken a jump off a cliff in a really fast manner. I never thought we’d get to the point where we’re getting blown out by 20ish points against mediocre P5 teams.

I get we’re young...but I mean this is bad. I almost with Buddy wasn’t here, it would make this situation so much easier to deal with. How deep are we going to descend before coach hangs it up?

It’s a sad day as a cuse b-ball fan looking at the scores in our 4 losses so far this year. I really hope this can be turned around, but it’s starting to look harder and harder to fix what’s happening at the program without severe changes from the top down.

Not even watching a November game? That seems like a total 180 from the “chicken little forum” that you suggested on the football board the other day.

This is painful for all of us. When SU Hoops was not great it was at least good for decades. I think we are all very disappointed so far this year. Sadly it is hard for me and most others to see how this squad turns the corner. We should stay supportive of our coach, team and players. I will not boo but instead cheer and hope. I never got the idea behind booing our own teams anyway. I think everyone involved is very smart and knows what is happening. We need to stay supportive and hope our players with potential develop. It will probably be very rough and hard for the entire SU hoops family, including the fans who love to fill the dome and go nuts over a win while debating where we should be ranked or what our seed will be, (heck, I would love the bubble this year). Unfortunately that will not happen and our HOF coach wont get to ride off into the sunset with another national championship. Next game I hope to see Braswell and Quincy at the forward with Marek sliding to four and Hughes and Washington at the top of the zone with Buddy, Bourama and Goodine the first 3 off the bench. I just really want to see Braswell play 30-35 minutes and see if he can click. I know Marek will be out muscled but I will live with that for a game or two to see if things get better. No matter what, Go Orange, and at least we are not Georgetown.

Not even watching a November game? That seems like a total 180 from the “chicken little forum” that you suggested on the football board the other day.

But I’m not being a chicken littleI’m finally accepting that something isn’t right. This isn’t me running around screaming and flipping out. I’m sadly realizing that something is way wrong. You don’t lose by 20ish 3x in a row to “lesser” teams if everything is right.

Once...sure. On the road? Ok, it happens. But 3x in a row, all neutral court or at home to non-elite schools? Something is wrong and something has to change. But is JB willing to make changes?

JB is an all time HOF coach, but even the best of the best start to fade and lose it.

What’s the fix here?
New staff - that’s it.

JB is showing to be incapable of adapting at this point and it’s sad to watch

he seems to double-down every year on the things that have been pulling the program down

each year over the last five it dragged the program a little closer to the precipice and this year, once again making no real changes it finally fell off the cliff