I Am In Shock... | Syracusefan.com

I Am In Shock...

newmexicuse

All Conference
I can't believe that a 5th yr Sr has become academically ineligible.

Beyond ridiculous...

This is going to really hurt the team. Yeah, Grant will eventually be better than James, but not this season. Whether his shot was on or off, James was a floor stretcher. Now, nobody will stretch the floor. Things will tighten up inside for CJ & our bigs. Lanes will be smaller for MCW & Brandon to drive through.

There will be added pressure on Brandon to be our primary trey threat. He has never displayed consistency.

The way I see this, the only possible way to offset the loss of James will be on the D end by creating more TOs and transition points. There may be games when that happens, but there will also be games when it doesn't.

Jimmy has his work cut out to make up for this loss. Unless, James can regain his eligibility, it is pretty impossible for me to see this as a FF team.

Beyond ridiculous...

This is going to really hurt the team. Yeah, Grant will eventually be better than James, but not this season. Whether his shot was on or off, James was a floor stretcher. Now, nobody will stretch the floor. Things will tighten up inside for CJ & our bigs. Lanes will be smaller for MCW & Brandon to drive through.

There will be added pressure on Brandon to be our primary trey threat. He has never displayed consistency.

The way I see this, the only possible way to offset the loss of James will be on the D end by creating more TOs and transition points. There may be games when that happens, but there will also be games when it doesn't.

Jimmy has his work cut out to make up for this loss. Unless, James can regain his eligibility, it is pretty impossible for me to see this as a FF team.
I do believe that James did NOT redshirt, therefore is not a 5th year sr. Although as a senior, he should be on track to graduate in order to be eligible last semester. It sounds like he may have taken minimum credit hours and failed a course.

Beyond ridiculous...

I'm in shock... that you created a new thread to post this.