I believe this was posted before but.. | Syracusefan.com

I believe this was posted before but..

Gabjon

All American
This is a link to the Syracuse legends show a few of the replays don't work at least for me and they never linked the interview with J grant but it is worth a listen too!

Syracuse Legends

Mike Gbinije sounds like a very confident kid, with really High Hopes as well. Sounds like he expects to be a really good one.
biggrin.png

Mike Gbinije sounds like a very confident kid, with really High Hopes as well. Sounds like he expects to be a really good one.
biggrin.png

I am very big on this kids! and he seems to be fitting right in!

I think I speak for some others as well in putting some pressure on this years team and Triche and Southerland by saying this years team could be good but two years from now we can be rediculous.

I think a sophmore Dajuan, a Jr Gbinije(who could have been NBA after 2 maybe), a Jr Rakeem Xmas, Trevor Cooney with a year of experience under his belt, possibly a Senior CJ, and a chance of MCW returning to join Ennis, and Grant and a senior Keita could be absolutely rediculous. Just need to add one more proven freshmen scoring phenom in there. Gbinije said he was 6'7 in that interview. I wonder if thats true and he will play SG for us.

That being said sometimes top recruits got to be patient they will be playing and the wait at Cuse HAS and will ALWAYS prove REALLY WORTH IT.

It's kind of adorable that you think Gbinije, who I'm high on, mind you, could have been NBA after two years despite the fact he barely played at Duke.

Also, how can a frosh be a proven scoring phenom?

It's kind of adorable that you think Gbinije, who I'm high on, mind you, could have been NBA after two years despite the fact he barely played at Duke.

Also, how can a frosh be a proven scoring phenom?

LMAO at the adorable comment! Well played!

Adorable kinda sounds like "far fetched with a mocking tone" in-cognito.
confused.png
:)

Homework and Facts though . I don't think adorable has done its facts on Gbinije, so I will do some instead.
Curry, Rivers Cook and Dawkins was a pretty good backcourt at Duke. NO offense to Gbinije but Cook was a very solid freshmen guard. 4.5 points 2 assists to .5 TO ratio and,1 rebound in 11 minutes isn't bad, and Dawkins was a Jr kinda like the Triche/MCW debate. Curry and Rivers both played 30 mpg. On top of that Duke ran Rivers so much in isolations last year and Duke had better post up guys then Gbinije. On top of that the guy is really really explosive in transition which is a Syracuse favorite.

Also Gbinije appeares to have grown hes 6'7 now. According to espn, according to cuse radio and a few other sources. I think many of us are expecting him to play guard when he might play SF. He will either be our tallest SG since Duany and Harris(even taller), or play SF. I would guess Give him a few years though to learn sf though if hes going to jump to the NBA. The guy says he is a HUGE Lebron fan and wants to model himself around his game. Thats a Good thing!!! Would love to see us grab a true Point forward, who can lockdown a SG on D. We are one of the few teams in the country that can pull that off, because our backline doubles and our SG's don't have to slide with thier man all the way to the rim as M2M does.

But a road I want to go down, is saying how experienced and full of leadership we could be two years from now.
While MCW is about 75/25 to really break out this year, and Dajuan and CJ have around a 50/50 shot to, they could also be back two years from now.

I think Rak, Cooney, and Gbinije(in practice) will only begin to break out this year, and two years from now its not unlikely all three could tear it up. Rak only needs to just start to develop some offensive moves in the post this year and Cooney 0nly needs to knock down some shots. Add in Dajuan, CJ, or MCW to join them and we are talking about 4-6 guys that could really break out and take over a offense, let alone get theirs.

I think all 6 of those guys could be isolation threats 2 years from now, with the most likely one to leave out being Cooney. And that doesn't matter because Cooney is a true gunner like Rautins/Gerry/Devendorf. Its not out of the picture. And thats not even considering Grant who could prove to be a stud scorer a sophmore. You look at teams like this years usa olympic team and all those guys can break down their man in isolation. Isolation is maybe the most underated college stat. Its every college coaches dream, and something our 09-10 and last years teams being top 2 in the country were built on
And in all this I still left out how important a Senior Keita, Ennis, and any other freshmen we get will be.