i can say first hand that that the allegations on bernie is something i do | Syracusefan.com

i can say first hand that that the allegations on bernie is something i do

not believe.
as a kid,and many kids in the neighborhood all hung out at mr. fines house.this went on for many years and never once were there ever whispers of these types allegations or actions that we could view as a pedophile.we got to meet the stars is what it was all about

he even got us jobs at a summer camp in pa. for the kids who lived in his neighborhood off of james st. and he would visit every now and then to see how we were doing and then he would leave to go back home.

this is crazy,if he put one move on a kid the whole neighborhood of kids would have known something was going on.
Did you ever know of this Bobby Davis kid.

Thanks for the first-hand account.
Keep in mind, though, a lot of abuse victims go into "silent" mode out of fear, shame, and psychological coping.
Not saying BF is guilty, but that you didn't hear anything doesn't necessarily mean it didn't happen.

not believe.
as a kid,and many kids in the neighborhood all hung out at mr. fines house.this went on for many years and never once were there ever whispers of these types allegations or actions that we could view as a pedophile.we got to meet the stars is what it was all about

he even got us jobs at a summer camp in pa. for the kids who lived in his neighborhood off of james st. and he would visit every now and then to see how we were doing and then he would leave to go back home.

this is crazy,if he put one move on a kid the whole neighborhood of kids would have known something was going on.

I've spent some time at the Fine's house to, hanging out drinking cocktails, eating dinner; watching games, got to know Bernie a bit, not in a million years do I believe the allegations. No way, no how.

I hope you are right.

Appreciate the first hand account, and I hope for everyone's sake that these allegations aren't true. If they are, then my sympathies go out to the victim--but it is encouraging to hear a first hand perspective that runs counter to these heinous allegations.

If the allegations are not true, IMHO it highlights a huge issue in our society. Fine's reputation is shot now, ESPN pretty much trashed it today. Your first hand account makes it sound like Fine was really trying to make a difference in kid's lives. The lesson in this, if you are a male in America, is stay the away from all kids. You don't get any presumption of innocence.

Considering we have a severe lack of male role model's in kid's lives, this is not a good thing.

If the allegations are not true, IMHO it highlights a huge issue in our society. Fine's reputation is shot now, ESPN pretty much trashed it today. Your first hand account makes it sound like Fine was really trying to make a difference in kid's lives. The lesson in this, if you are a male in America, is stay the **** away from all kids. You don't get any presumption of innocence.

Considering we have a severe lack of male role model's in kid's lives, this is not a good thing.
Think of the impact on an organization like Big Brothers/Big Sisters which has a very positive influence on many kids lives.
On one hand your will have people very wary of allowing their kids to go off with complete strangers, but on the other hand you have BB/BS saying that their volunteers have had backround checks done on them so they are very safe and it will help the organization gather more funds and people to help.

I also spent plenty of time at Bernie's house when I was a kid (at 13 or 14 years old, when he was on Scott Ave), including having slept over there a couple of times, and never once did I notice anything unusual. In fact, we used to play basketball in his front yard with a bunch of kids, and to be honest, Bernie could have cared less that we were there. I hate to come right out and say people are falsely accusing someone of something, but this just seems so out there that I really can't believe it.

I also spent plenty of time at Bernie's house when I was a kid (at 13 or 14 years old, when he was on Scott Ave), including having slept over there a couple of times, and never once did I notice anything unusual. In fact, we used to play basketball in his front yard with a bunch of kids, and to be honest, Bernie could have cared less that we were there. I hate to come right out and say people are falsely accusing someone of something, but this just seems so out there that I really can't believe it.

Were you friends with his kids and that's why you stayed the night? Just trying to picture why a young teenage boy would stay the night at a grown man's house.

Were you friends with his kids and that's why you stayed the night? Just trying to picture why a young teenage boy would stay the night at a grown man's house.

Yes I was friends with Dave. I don't think I ever would have hung out at a middle aged guys house as a kid without any other reason to be there.

Yes I was friends with Dave. I don't think I ever would have hung out at a middle aged guys house as a kid without any other reason to be there.

Snadeezy or Retro--did either one of you know either of the two accusers?

If so, do you have any first hand impressions?

Snadeezy or Retro--did either one of you know either of the two accusers?

If so, do you have any first hand impressions?

No idea who he is, but he's also 12 years older than me. I knew the Fine's when they lived in Dewitt. I'm guessing the timeframe where he is accusing this of happening is when they lived in eastwood or the Sedgwick area or wherever they were prior to Dewitt.

not believe.

Retro, thanks for this post, esp. early on in this mess (and shandeezy, just reading your's now...)

bump - these are the posts CTO was referring to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom