I continue | Syracusefan.com

I continue

Fjoinkay

Starter
to see improvement all around. I like Mahoney, and I like Dungey. Didn't both QBs arrive on campus in July? Mahoney doesn't even have a scholarship yet. T-Hunt was the man July, and I can't imagine that anyone thought that Dungey and Mahoney would be playing so many quality minutes. Mahoney made several good reads in the run game, and I think with more run in practice he and the receivers are on the same page. There were a couple of nice throws where I thought the receivers didn't expect the ball and that could just be lack of time working together. The play on the back end continues to improve, and I thought despite injuries the defense played pretty well. Last week I thought SU looked a little improved against L'ville even though the score didn't reflect the play. From the players point of view they need to see that yesterday Virginia played L'ville well, Pitt beat a good Duke team and South Florida beat a good Temple team. It really has been a game of inches for this team. Right now each guy still has 2 games left to deepen his understanding at his position and as a teammate. The light is coming on for a lot of these kids. Now they need to go on the road and show a little improvement in that environment. Go Cuse!!

Oklahoma's win over Baylor last night reminded me a little of the Sparty win back in January. The Big 12 is a little stronger this year than last, and it will be fun to watch OK State, OK, and Baylor play out these final two weeks. Ok State, I believe, struggled against CMU to start the season. Cannot believe Georgia Tech is 3-7 coming off of such a great season last year. Iowa just wins. These final weeks in the B1G are fascinating. The B1G is pretty competitive this season which down the stretch could could play into the hands of the B1G haters, and there sure are a lot of B1G haters it seems. Bama looks dominant again. They continue to dominate the SEC. Good stuff.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom