I deal with drug tests at my job | Syracusefan.com

I deal with drug tests at my job

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
they are highly confidential (results), and people lose jobs over leaks.

Yahoo! sources almost has to be former players. It is my belief that no one currently in the AD or involved with the program is a source, because they would face immediate termination and severely diminish their future job prospects.

We also have to look at it from this angle - I am pretty sure there is a file somewhere in the AD office that pertains records and results for all drug testing over the past decade ... and I hope they deny any access to those records for any non essential SUAD people. The only ones who should have access to that record would be Nancy Cantor, Daryl Gross, HR Manager, Compliance Officer, and maybe one or two other individuals (if that many people).

The NCAA may poke around (and if they do they better damn well poke around UCLA as well), but in the end I do not think much will come out of this and this will be an afterthought once the season ends.

Yahoo! sources almost has to be former players. It is my belief that no one currently in the AD or involved with the program is a source, because they would face immediate termination and severely diminish their future job prospects.

We also have to look at it from this angle - I am pretty sure there is a file somewhere in the AD office that pertains records and results for all drug testing over the past decade ... and I hope they deny any access to those records for any non essential SUAD people. The only ones who should have access to that record would be Nancy Cantor, Daryl Gross, HR Manager, Compliance Officer, and maybe one or two other individuals (if that many people).

The NCAA may poke around (and if they do they better damn well poke around UCLA as well), but in the end I do not think much will come out of this and this will be an afterthought once the season ends.

I'll invoke the principle of Occam's Razor, summarized as "other things being equal, a simpler explanation is better than a more complex one."

So what are the odds that these sources are former players that are disgruntled about playing time? What are the odds that Forde was looking for who could create this story and found and construed things so it would support his story?

I'll invoke the principle of Occam's Razor, summarized as "other things being equal, a simpler explanation is better than a more complex one."

So what are the odds that these sources are players that were disgruntled about playing time?
that would be a good thing, it would mean they never saw the floor.

So what are the odds that these sources are former players that are disgruntled about playing time? What are the odds that Forde was looking for who could create this story and found and construed things so it would support his story?

I think Yahoo! tossed out some interview requests to EVERY former player who left under questionable circumstances or were ushered out and found one or two willing to spew some garbage

I think Yahoo! tossed out some interview requests to EVERY former player who left under questionable circumstances or were ushered out and found one or two willing to spew some garbage
"at least 10"

It gets pretty easy to lead someone to give you the evidence you're looking for.

Q1: Do you know of any players that were taking drugs while you were at SU?
A1: Yeah, some/a bunch of players smoked pot.

Q2: Do you think they failed drug tests while they were in school?
A2: Yeah, I know some of them had failed drug tests.

Q3: Did these guys continue to play over you?
A3: Yeah.

Although I tend to believe that the source was probably a disgruntled ex-player, the source could be someone external to the program / university, as well. If SU reported this to the NCAA months ago [or a year--whatever], there are lots of people outside the AD and university administration who might be privy to the information on the NCAA side.

I agree. At the university I assume this would fall under the FERPA/HIPPA regulations that restrict disclosure of student personal records.

No question a disgruntled ex-player has motive. They also, given what I know about some of them, would have no qualms about saying whatever was on their minds without the slightest grasp of size and scope. Most of these guys aren't rocket scientists. Media savvy is not a genetic trait.