I desperately want UConn to win some games... | Syracusefan.com

I desperately want UConn to win some games...

QManCuse

Walk On
If they don't, they'll get rid of Ollie, the absolute worst coach in D1, and might become half relevant again. They have become below average in a mid major conference, would love to see them stay that way.

If they don't, they'll get rid of Ollie, the absolute worst coach in D1, and might become half relevant again. They have become below average in a mid major conference, would love to see them stay that way.

Until they leave said conference, they won't become any more relevant.

If they drop trying to compete in football and join the Big East, they might become competitive again in a scrappy, tough team to play kindve way.

But competing on the highest level with some of the best players out there? Days of the past.

Cincy, Nova, Gtown, providence etc. have passed uconn by.

I don’t think they can afford to buy Ollie out this year.

If they drop trying to compete in football and join the Big East, they might become competitive again in a scrappy, tough team to play kindve way.

But competing on the highest level with some of the best players out there? Days of the past.
I'm going to object to the phrase "join the Big East" (over-used here and by UConn fans even more). It takes two to tango, and I don't think the BE would invite the Huskies. The BE has a good thing going with their 10-team, double round robin set up. They also have a recent national championship, and Xavier seems right on the verge of a Final Four.

Plus, you have a league of comparatively small, private--not to mention Catholic--colleges. Would they want a big state school right in their midst?

I'm going to object to the phrase "join the Big East" (over-used here and by UConn fans even more). It takes two to tango, and I don't think the BE would invite the Huskies. The BE has a good thing going with their 10-team, double round robin set up. They also have a recent national championship, and Xavier seems right on the verge of a Final Four.

Plus, you have a league of comparatively small, private--not to mention Catholic--colleges. Would they want a big state school right in their midst?

Butler isn’t a Catholic college. I agree though that it’s a small private school league with basketball the face and entire focus of their athletic programs.

Would the Big East take them? Not because of basketball history but because the Big East has become the Catholic Conference. It's part of their identity now. Plus, UConn would be the only state school, would it not? Now, I say all that and then check on Wiki and, of course, UConn is already an associate member in Women's Lacrosse and Field Hockey.

Butler isn’t a Catholic college. I agree though that it’s a small private school league with basketball the face and entire focus of their athletic programs.

Oh, you're right. It was founded by a Disciples of Christ group, but never really was controlled by the church or took on it's identity.

As someone pointed out in a post a couple weeks ago, UConn has invested a lot of money in football (stadium, etc.) and would find it difficult to walk away from it. Doubtful the state would want that either.

With the ACC and Big Ten going to 20 game conference schedules the Big East would add an 11th team if UConn would join.

The Big East would go in line with the Big Ten and ACC.
UConn would have to kill their football program to save basketball.

They got the lions share of the Big East exit fees from the ACC teams and they still don’t have the money to buyout Ollie without a booster stepping up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom