I didn't watch this game | Syracusefan.com

I didn't watch this game

Alsacs

Living Legend
So I acknowledge this is without watching the game
However looking at the boxscore is why I get frustrated by playing 100% zone defense when we don't have the personnel to play it correctly.

Ole Miss made 15 3's. We played well offensively and lost because we gave up all those open looks.

Was the zone good or just Ole Miss torching us with good D?

However looking at the boxscore is why I get frustrated by playing 100% zone defense when we don't have the personnel to play it correctly.

Ole Miss made 15 3's. We played well offensively and lost because we gave up all those open looks.

It wasn't the zone. They made most of their threes on a simple high screen that our guards were just lazy and late getting around. And AW let a guy on his side hit two in a row just standing there. Conversely, we missed a ton of wide open threes.

Our guards went under screens all game allowing Miss guards to basically shoot uncontested 3's. When they were making them...we never made an adjustment. That's on JB unless these guys were just not listening. Pretty disgraceful.
We lost this game with another disgusting last 2 minutes of first half. Had an 8 point lead and blew 6 of it allowing Miss to hit 3 consecutive treys The last at the buzzer after Lydon blew a bunny on the other end. Then to top the game off, we missed our last 4 free throws ( Battle, TT, Gillon, Lydon) which if we had made them we might have survived because we would have had the lead. All you missed today was another painful loss.

If I didn't think you were a good and valuable poster, I'd give you crap for starting a thread complaining about the team's performance in a game you didn't watch.

If I didn't think you were a good and valuable poster, I'd give you crap for starting a thread complaining about the team's performance in a game you didn't watch.
I acknowledged my ignorance at the top. I was frustrated reading the boxscore.

This was a typical NIT game. The better team doesn't always win.

I know, but you could have worked your thoughts into one of many other existing threads.

If you watched all the other games this season then you basically watched this game. It was about the only way we could go out this year. No defense showed up.. Lydon was hot for first half/White couldn't hit anything. It flipped in the second half and white got hot and Lydon disappeared. Gillon did nothing and battle and TT had nice offensive games. Story of the season.

Our guards went under screens all game allowing Miss guards to basically shoot uncontested 3's. When they were making them...we never made an adjustment. That's on JB unless these guys were just not listening. Pretty disgraceful.
We lost this game with another disgusting last 2 minutes of first half. Had an 8 point lead and blew 6 of it allowing Miss to hit 3 consecutive treys The last at the buzzer after Lydon blew a bunny on the other end. Then to top the game off, we missed our last 4 free throws ( Battle, TT, Gillon, Lydon) which if we had made them we might have survived because we would have had the lead. All you missed today was another painful loss.

I don't get it. First of all, you never should be going under screens when a team likes to shoot threes and can make them. Ole Miss can score and have played pretty well all year. I don't they were ever routed in a game. Kennedy is a good coach. Why was it happening? Are the coaches too ignorant not to tell them this? Are the players deliberately disobeying instructions? Why would it be happening?

This was a typical NIT game. The better team doesn't always win.
You mean...it was a battle between two flawed teams and one made more mistakes than the other.

They hit a lot of deep shots, so it wasn't all just poor D. They had one player go en fuego for ~30 points, so he couldn't miss once he got rolling.

Here's all you need to know about the game. We broke open a close game toward the end of the first half, stretching out to an 8 or 9 point lead. They hit 3 three pointers to end the half, to cut our lead from 9 to 2 at halftime. Then, they hit their first two threes of the second half to get out ahead. All told, I think they went on a 17-4 run over that stretch to end the first / begin the second, and we played from behind just about the entire rest of the game. Tied it up a few times, took a 1 point lead a couple of times, only to have them come back and hit shots.

Chucking threes is their MO, but they were really hot today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom