I dont care what anyone says about uconn | Syracusefan.com

I dont care what anyone says about uconn

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
this team scares me. they remind me of those old lavin ucla teams that would the bed during the regular season, despite all kinds of talent...and then go on solid tourney runs.

with uconn, its all about getting the players to care. after this win, i believe they will be seriously amped for the game on saturday. had they lost, they might have been in hibernation mode.

Agree. Fab is gonna have to step it up defensively against Drummond.

this team scares me. they remind me of those old lavin ucla teams that would **** the bed during the regular season, despite all kinds of talent...and then go on solid tourney runs.

with uconn, its all about getting the players to care. after this win, i believe they will be seriously amped for the game on saturday. had they lost, they might have been in hibernation mode.

They said the same thing after the Seton Hall game. That worked out poorly. Villanova never delivered the knockout punch which of course they cant because they are terrible.

Especially with gameday there Saturday. Our guys don't have the eye of the tiger cuz we can lose TWICE and still get 1 seed. And we'll only be 4/5 point faves

Loss may get that eye back like with UND

this team scares me. they remind me of those old lavin ucla teams that would **** the bed during the regular season, despite all kinds of talent...and then go on solid tourney runs.

Yup. I said this in another thread. It's college game day. All the Yukon fans will be liquored up for the 9 pm start. They hate us as much as we hate them. Calhoun might be back. Huskies will be amped up. No reason we should lose, but of all the factors, I think the 9 pm start comes into play more than any of them. Our guys will be spending a lot of time sitting around. Not great when you have to do it at a hotel.

ugh, this uconn team had to go to OT to beat a bad nova team without thier best player wayans.

Im not worried, wont be concerned agian till the Elite 8. Im being honest this how i feel

They clearly have talent. But they have no idea what they're doing on the court. They'll come out amped for Saturday, probably start fast, hit a few deep treys, get the crowd into it; then we'll show why we're 27-1 and they're 17-10.

I don't think they have the horses to keep up with us for 40 minutes.

They will not all of a sudden put it all together after 27 games just because gameday is there.

I thought the same thing on GMAC's senior day. What happened was the better, more talented team won.

Ditto Saturday night. Especially if we can clinch the big east regular season title.

After his OT game winning 3,Napier now thinks he is the man. He will take too many shots and his 40% shooting percentage will hand us the win.

They clearly have talent. But they have no idea what they're doing on the court. They'll come out amped for Saturday, probably start fast, hit a few deep treys, get the crowd into it; then we'll show why we're 27-1 and they're 17-10.

I don't think they have the horses to keep up with us for 40 minutes.

they certainly do have the horses. they stayed with us nearly the entire game last time and they were on the road. lamb and napier have been in terrible shooting slumps and it seems at least lamb is coming out of his, at least his midrange game.

drummond is a low skilled athletic beast that could easily get fab into foul trouble and then we are looking at a lot of keita..

i dont see how this game saturday is anything but a rock fight.

I've said this a couple times already, I'll say it again: I would love to see UConn get the 8/9 seed in Kentucky's region.

This UConn squad is an enigma (a riddle wrapped in a twinkie, if you will). They certainly have some talented players. Having JC back has to be a boost for them. And as everyone has said, the fans will be jacked sky high with GameDay there, and #2 Syracuse coming into town. But with UConn, you just never know what you're going to get. This is one game, where an early CUSE lead may be really important.

In 2004, I was terrified of the UConn game at the Dome to close the RS because I figured you'd be all amped up, senior day, huge crowd, Emeka's back. I still thought UConn would win the title, but that game screamed trap.

Season outcomes are rarely attached to individual RS games.

I never feel confident playing UConn because they are such a tough match up for us. I think you can toss records out. This is a rivalry game and they are going to give us their best shot at home.

They will not all of a sudden put it all together after 27 games just because gameday is there.

I thought the same thing on GMAC's senior day. What happened was the better, more talented team won.

Ditto Saturday night. Especially if we can clinch the big east regular season title.

The return of Calhoun worries me more than it being Game Day does. They seemed to play better under Calhoun...maybe it was the opponents they were playing, but my impression is that they have taken a steep step down with Calhoun out.

The return of Calhoun worries me more than it being Game Day does. They seemed to play better under Calhoun...maybe it was the opponents they were playing, but my impression is that they have taken a steep step down with Calhoun out.

It will come down to how we play. If we shoot it well and limit the turnovers to 10-11 we will probably win going away. If we struggle to make shots then I think it will most certainly be a dogfight. It is imperative that we start the game strong and take the crowd out of the game right away.

I am looking forward to seeing Fab get another shot at Drummond. He got dominated in the second half at the game in the dome and I am curious to see how he responds. Cant get into foul trouble.

The guy didn't win 3 NCs by being a mediocre coach. Wouldn't shock me at all if he gets them primed for another great BET run and a lot of damage in the NCAA tournament.

I would agree had they not shat the bed against marquette after they killed depaul.

We will see though. I think uconn has the potential to be great and given the game day atmosphere I would be pretty surprised if we were able to win, but every time i have thought uconn has turned the corner this year, they haven't.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Actually, Lavin got fired for repeatedly losing in the sweet 16 and not making deep runs.

I'm less confident that UConn wins than you guys are. LOL

UConn can make it close, the previous game was a lot closer than the score indicates and Syracuse shot an incredible percentage. IF UConn has a lot go right for them, they could theoretically win. It's not necessarily about "putting it together". This is college basketball, where almost any team can give you a run for your money.

This is college basketball, where almost any team can give you a run for your money.

Not only that but because of our ranking and record every team gives us their best effort.

In 2004, I was terrified of the UConn game at the Dome to close the RS because I figured you'd be all amped up, senior day, huge crowd, Emeka's back. I still thought UConn would win the title, but that game screamed trap.

Season outcomes are rarely attached to individual RS games.
Has anyone here correlated that if we don't win this game, we won't go to New Orleans?

Not only that but because of our ranking and record every team gives us their best effort.

Same when Nike gives you those damn warmups that scream National Champs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom