I don't mean to alarm anyone, but... | Syracusefan.com

I don't mean to alarm anyone, but...

agreed. still think we might have some growing pains but we should be right there come March. and, like you said, there isn't a team that scares me

I'm going way out on a limb, to suggest that Kentucky will gel at some point during the conference season. I'm 'afraid' of their talent. I kinda think their upper-level guys will develop more quickly than ours.

Indiana will be there. Carolina, despite a loss today, will be there.

But, as you imply, there may not be any real dominant team, at least, not so good that they won't be at risk of an early tournament exit.

I'm also askeered-a Brad Stevens.

Kentucky sure doesn't seem scary to me after their first few games.

Arizona and NC State...plus suprisingly dook seemed a bit under-rated to start the season...

Indiana is good and so is Louisville and Kansas. So are we. So is Ohio State. It should be an interesting year that is for sure.

Right now looks like some good parity across the nation. Really no one school standing out.

...the national championship is very much up for grabs. Based on this first week and a half, I would say even moreso than usual.

I am officially afraid of zero teams this season. Bring it.
For sure. Last year it seemed it was UK's to lose with a couple other teams in the conversation at times. This year I could see 6 or 7 teams holding the #1 ranking and teams further down the list like Creighton, Baylor and even Cincinnati with at least a reasonable chance to win it all. If Rak keeps showing signs of improvement and Coleman finds his college game, I think we're not only in the conversation again but the front-runner. Coleman is key though. We need him to be a low post force.

I'm going way out on a limb, to suggest that Kentucky will gel at some point during the conference season. I'm 'afraid' of their talent. I kinda think their upper-level guys will develop more quickly than ours.

Indiana will be there. Carolina, despite a loss today, will be there.

But, as you imply, there may not be any real dominant team, at least, not so good that they won't be at risk of an early tournament exit.

I'm also askeered-a Brad Stevens.
UNC looked so God damned awful that I can longer take what you say seriously.

UNC looked so God damned awful that I can longer take what you say seriously.
I think it depends upon which UNC team steps forward. They looked awful for the first 20 - 25 minutes against Butler but for most of the 2nd half they looked really great. They got slaughtered by FSU last year but were still one of the elite teams heading into the Tourney.

I think it depends upon which UNC team steps forward. They looked awful for the first 20 - 25 minutes against Butler but for most of the 2nd half they looked really great. They got slaughtered by FSU last year but were still one of the elite teams heading into the Tourney.
They had a lot better players last year. If they make it past the sweet 16 I will be shocked.

...the national championship is very much up for grabs. Based on this first week and a half, I would say even moreso than usual.

I am officially afraid of zero teams this season. Bring it.

That makes you the counter to the guys here who after watching games the first two weeks are now afraid of everyone on our schedule.

I wouldn't forget about Florida. Experience in backcourt, depth, solid big guy (Young), stretch 4 (Murphy), proven coach, impressive OOC schedule to prepare.

An X-factor is Marcus Smart. Is he's the AA-type that he's shown thus far, they could do some damage.

They had a lot better players last year. If they make it past the sweet 16 I will be shocked.

That's true, they did have better players across the board last year. But I believe they still have enough talent and are well enough coached to be a factor, despite one half of one game in November. As this thread is pointing out there's lots of parity this year. May not have to be great to go far.

Ugh, listen to me... I almost sound like a Tar Heel fan, defending their asses. Someone shoot me!! LGO!

I'm hoping for a nice #1 vs. #2 matchup when me & the Fam head down to the Chicken Bucket on January 19:cool:

UNC is not as good as last year. Guard play is suspect and they dont have the bigs either ti defend the interior. I would also be shocked if they make it that far.

I really liked what I saw of Michigan. Beilein is a great coach -- they havea solid group of experiencd returnees, nice newcomers... to me they have looked the best against "decent" competition. But they certainty don't scare me either. Michigan vs Pitt should be an interesting game this evening.

Syracuse doesn't scare the top 10 either -- none of them do. It's a wide open race where I am sure many teams really like their chances including Syracuse,

UNC is not as good as last year. Guard play is suspect and they dont have the bigs either ti defend the interior. I would also be shocked if they make it that far.
Worddd... Same team defensively (non,existent) but worse offensively.

I really liked what I saw of Michigan. Beilein is a great coach -- they havea solid group of experiencd returnees, nice newcomers... to me they have looked the best against "decent" competition. But they certainty don't scare me either. Michigan vs Pitt should be an interesting game this evening.

Syracuse doesn't scare the top 10 either -- none of them do. It's a wide open race where I am sure many teams really like their chances including Syracuse,
Glenn Robinson the forty seventh really impressed me... Mitch mcgary not so much. Definitely a good team.

Stauskas has played well. McGary doesn't look the part yet. but he has grabbed 23 rebounds in 40 minutes (including 9 offensive)

Stauskas has played well. McGary doesn't look the part ye. butt he has grabbed 23 rebounds in 40 minutes (including 9 offensive)
Rebounds are important.

I think it's too early to be passing judgement on most teams, especially teams that are integrating guys into new roles. Though Carolina did look pretty bad, from the parts I watched.

But I always have trouble buying stuff like "i can't see them making the second weekend of the tournament". Even if you thought Carolina (or whoever) was overrated, double digit seeds make the Sweet 16 all the time.

I will admit, watching the parts of the game last night, I was wondering to myself if UNC could be like the team a few years ago that we spanked. We all thought they were good; turned out they weren't any good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom