I don't mind the NFL mentality versus better teams | Syracusefan.com

I don't mind the NFL mentality versus better teams

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
As much as I do versus the likes of uri and Tulane simply can play conservative unless you are getting 5-6 Ypc running the ball When Marrone opted to punt the ball for a net 18 yards on tulanes side of the field in the second quarter it changed the entire game, I understand that it was 4th and 6 but at this point many coaches would have gone for it...and the o was playing well. I think the goal should have been 56 points versus Tulane and 500 yards of offense.

As much as I do versus the likes of uri and Tulane simply can play conservative unless you are getting 5-6 Ypc running the ball When Marrone opted to punt the ball for a net 18 yards on tulanes side of the field in the second quarter it changed the entire game, I understand that it was 4th and 6 but at this point many coaches would have gone for it...and the o was playing well. I think the goal should have been 56 points versus Tulane and 500 yards of offense.
I'm sure glad I missed that. It's not like our punters are weapons this year...

I just disagree that most coaches would go for it, I think that had Raupers executes and punted say 30 yards pinning inside the 10 like they likely wanted him too. Raupers punted it 20 yards, I think he misunderstood, he was told to put it inside the 20 he must of heard punt it for 20.

Also Nassib had just missed badly on 2 open receivers, I think the right call was to try and pin them in not give Tulane the ball near midfield...funny thing during games earlier in the season he goes for it and is crucified for that too

The ultimate Marrone decision that killed me was last year versus Boston College we are down 10 points with 4 and half minutes and we punt on 4th and 6 from the 50. After that play I realized Marrone treated college football too much like it was the NFL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom