I dont think we'll see | Syracusefan.com

I dont think we'll see

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
A senior pg on our team for a while. The way recruiting has been it might be a double edged sword, a very talented pg who might never get the experience to make better decisions on the court during the season and post season and know what it takes to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ennis doesn't strike me as a guy that would leave early, maybe after 3 years.

A senior pg on our team for a while. The way recruiting has been it might be a double edged sword, a very talented pg who might never get the experience to make better decisions on the court during the season and post season and know what it takes to win.

Do you see Buss as a combo? Or direct 2?

I hear what you are saying but more experienced usually means less talented and given the choice i'll take the talent. Ideally you'd have a Ty Lawson who is incredibly talented but doesn't 'project' as an NBA star (though he turned out to be) and stays 3 years. Chalmers, Steve Blake, and Cleaves are other good examples. But plenty of teams have won with Frosh or Soph PGs. Teague last year, Napier the year before (though Kemba was a pseudo point), Gmac of course. Rose came within a few seconds. Bibby.

The problem is that I don't think MCW projects to be a lottery pick in any other year. He is really taking a gamble with his long term future if he jumps. I understand; he's going to be a lottery pick and so he has to go. But he is a lottery pick with much less success potential than a Jonny Flynn right now. He has issues with his handle, with his shot, he absolutely cannot finish through contact (or it is very very rare that he does), and his maturity level is low. He is clearly a very talented guy, has excellent height and court vision, but I do not see NBA success in his future unless he improves quite a bit in all those areas mentioned. I think he could do that at Syracuse more so than on a plane/bus/hotel/bench in the NBA. He'll be ripping up New Zealand by 2016...

The problem is that I don't think MCW projects to be a lottery pick in any other year. He is really taking a gamble with his long term future if he jumps. I understand; he's going to be a lottery pick and so he has to go. But he is a lottery pick with much less success potential than a Jonny Flynn right now. He has issues with his handle, with his shot, he absolutely cannot finish through contact (or it is very very rare that he does), and his maturity level is low. He is clearly a very talented guy, has excellent height and court vision, but I do not see NBA success in his future unless he improves quite a bit in all those areas mentioned. I think he could do that at Syracuse more so than on a plane/bus/hotel/bench in the NBA. He'll be ripping up New Zealand by 2016...

Not a gamble at all for him. It's a weak draft and will get lottery pick money for a few years. He would be absolutely nuts to stay. Look at what happened to Nerlens and Sullinger was better off not coming back. MCW will never be in a better situation to make this kind of money even if it is on the bench.

Yes i think hes gotta go , his stock will never be higher and it will give them more time to pick apart his game/weaknesses/flaws . And maybe his off the dribble move where he drives left and tries to use the board for a basket im not a fan of. Def gets picked to many times and forces to many things, shoots when the better move is to drive when theres room to drive an get fouled and make 1 out of 2 ft's or score a bucket.

The NBA is a whole different league (literally). He'll be able to work on his game more at the next level, even if he were to end up in the D-League for a little bit (which I personally don't think will happen).

He is listed #8 point guard on the board right now. He has a lot of work to do.

He would lose more than he would gain by staying another year. Even if he ends up in D League, it will give him the same opportunity to work on his game as it would if he stayed at the Cuse. And, he gets paid for it!
Don't compare him with Jonny. MCW upside is much greater than him.

He is listed #8 point guard on the board right now. He has a lot of work to do.

On what board? I haven't seen a board that has him worse than 2nd out of the PGs.

I agree with most of your sentiments. I guess, lucky for him, this year's draft is incredibly WEAK, historically one of the weakest, according to an NBA pundit cited in a most recent ZagsBlog. So, no doubt, he's gone.