I don't trust my Quarterback | Syracusefan.com

I don't trust my Quarterback

GoSU96

Living Legend
Is that what Jones is really saying here?

“We’re going to make a commitment to run him more,” Jones said. “With five games left, every game is a playoff. You just try to change some things up offensively. I think also some of the things our opponents do lend themselves to our quarterback running the football. For our offense to really be effective, our quarterback has to be more of a running threat at times.
“We ran him a little bit more than we have in the past last week. As he continues to prove that he can do that and take care of the football, his role will continue to expand in that regard. “
Jones said the decision to have Legaux run more is not related to his recent passing struggles.
“When we recruit a quarterback we want a thrower first and a runner second,” Jones said. “Being able to throw the football efficiently is a critical element in our offense.”
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/uc/2012/10/31/uc-plans-to-run-legaux-more-often/

Get ahead, control the run somewhat (they aren't going to shut it down), and force Cinci to play catch up in the pass game.

SU has shown that it can play from behind and stay in it and win (at times). And we have seen what they can do with a two score lead. Love to see it again.

Is that what Jones is really saying here?

“We’re going to make a commitment to run him more,” Jones said. “With five games left, every game is a playoff. You just try to change some things up offensively. I think also some of the things our opponents do lend themselves to our quarterback running the football. For our offense to really be effective, our quarterback has to be more of a running threat at times.
“We ran him a little bit more than we have in the past last week. As he continues to prove that he can do that and take care of the football, his role will continue to expand in that regard. “
Jones said the decision to have Legaux run more is not related to his recent passing struggles.
“When we recruit a quarterback we want a thrower first and a runner second,” Jones said. “Being able to throw the football efficiently is a critical element in our offense.”
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/uc/2012/10/31/uc-plans-to-run-legaux-more-often/

Get ahead, control the run somewhat (they aren't going to shut it down), and force Cinci to play catch up in the pass game.

SU has shown that it can play from behind and stay in it and win (at times). And we have seen what they can do with a two score lead. Love to see it again.
I'll believe it when I see it. I expect SU to come out flat again. It's just who we are.

I'll believe it when I see it. I expect SU to come out flat again. It's just who we are.

I don't think we came out flat against South Florida. Granted we punted 3 times but we ran 42 plays and massed 199 yards. Not great but not bad. Not really flat anyways.

1st Drive = 13 plays 72 yards - field goal
2nd Drive = 3 plays 3 yards - punt
3rd Drive = 7 plays 26 yards - punt
4th Drive = 12 plays 69 yards = missed field goal
5th Drive = 7 plays 29 yards = punt

By comparison South Florida's first 5 drives:

31 plays
280 yards
20 points

I helps to have a 1 play 80 yard touchdown.

if we score the 14 pts no one thinks we came out flat and it would have added about 3 yards of offense.

Legaux is young, inexperienced, and his confidence has to be shaky going into the game. I would love to see Shafer go after him right away with a variety of well-disguised blitz packages and coverages.

What I get out of that is he was worried he was going to hurt before and now the gloves are off. Maybe the backup is now ready to take over as well and wasn't before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom