I emailed Wildhack today during the game, frustrated on lack of accessibility | Syracusefan.com

I emailed Wildhack today during the game, frustrated on lack of accessibility

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
To his credit he got right back to me. Kind of kicked the can down the road, and not anything I didn’t understand, at a higher level, but nice that he returned my email.

“ John, we have no input on what platform any of our games are televised on. That is in the sole discretion of ESPN. I don’t like the RSN package. Today’s game being on the YES network is an example of that.”

To his credit he got right back to me. Kind of kicked the can down the road, and not anything I didn’t understand, at a higher level, but nice that he returned my email.

“ John, we have no input on what platform any of our games are televised on. That is in the sole discretion of ESPN. I don’t like the RSN package. Today’s game being on the YES network is an example of that.”
The Ill fated deal with Raycom (Swofford’s Folly) ends in 2026. Until then, I think we are just going to have to deal with it.

The better our teams, the less likely they will be exiled to Raycom. Let’s hope for some top 25 teams in the major sports for a while. That would help mitigate the impact.

Haven't most of them been on YES. Last week I was out of the country and even though I could watch TV through the Spectrum app on my phone, YES and like half of the other networks were not available to watch unless you sign out of the internet. So, I had to try to watch two games on YES that weren't really watchable because of a poor signal. It was really odd and to make it worse, I was listening at the same time to Matt Park thru my Google Mini. I now understand people's complaints.
I have YouTube TV, so no YES. I don’t want to jump through the hoops to get it for a couple of games.

At least our game was on a decently carried outlet (YES) so we can see it. It's better than just being on the hard to access ACC stream. The bigger issue is I bet a lot of potential recruits hardly ever see a Syracuse game any more. Most of our games are on ACC Network channel and you have to have a pretty high priced cable package to get it. Gone are the days almost all our games were on ESPN and some on over the air CBS. Has to effect recruiting. Not as much as NIL but still.

Only 5 games this season will be on the dreaded RSN package.

Everything else will be on the ESPN Family / ACC Network / ACC Net Extra Streaming

DateOpponentTV
Tues, Oct 25Indiana (PA)*ACCNX
Tues, Nov 1Southern NH*ACCNX
Mon, Nov 7LehighACCNX
Tues, Nov 15ColgateRSN / YES
Sat, Nov 19NortheasternACCN
Mon, Nov 21RichmondESPN2
Tues, Nov 22St John'sESPN2
Sat, Nov 26BryantACCNX
Tues, Nov 29at IllinoisESPN
Sat, Dec 3at Notre DameESPN2
Tues, Dec 6OaklandACCN
Sat, Dec 10GeorgetownABC
Mon, Dec 12MonmouthACCN
Sat, Dec 17CornellACCN
Tues, Dec 20PittsburghESPNU
Sat, Dec 31Boston CollegeACCN
Tues, Jan 3at LouisvilleESPNNews
Sat, Jan 7at VirginiaACCN
Wed, Jan 11Virginia TechRSN / YES
Sat, Jan 14Notre DameACCN
Mon, Jan 16at MiamiACCN
Sat, Jan 21at Georgia TechRSN / YES
Tues, Jan 24North CarolinaESPN
Sat, Jan 28at Virginia TechACCN
Mon, Jan 30VirginiaESPN
Sat, Feb 4at Boston CollegeACCN
Wed, Feb 8at Florida StESPN / 2 / U
Tues, Feb 14NC StateACCN
Sat, Feb 18DukeESPN
Wed, Feb 22at ClemsonACCN
Sat, Feb 25at PittsburghACCN
Tues, Feb 28Georgia TechRSN / YES
Sat, Mar 4Wake ForestRSN / YES
Mar 7-11ACCT (at Greensboro)

I may be forgetting something but I can’t remember the last time that I missed a basketball or football game because it wasn’t available.

I may be forgetting something but I can’t remember the last time that I missed a basketball or football game because it wasn’t available.
It’s available, I’m just not going to sign up for another network to get it. Yes isn’t in my menu. ACCN is, but not ACCN plus.

It’s available, I’m just not going to sign up for another network to get it. Yes isn’t in my menu. ACCN is, but not ACCN plus.
That’s a choice you’re obviously free to make. Along with that choice comes the knowledge that you won’t get all of the games you might want to see.

I don’t get ACCN with my basic tv package. I had to add some sort of sports package so I could. That was a choice I decided to make.

Different strokes for different folks as they say.

Everything else will be on the ESPN Family / ACC Network / ACC Net Extra Streaming

DateOpponentTV
Mon, Nov 7LehighACCNX
Mon, Nov 21RichmondESPN2
Sat, Nov 26BryantACCNX
Tues, Dec 6OaklandACCN
Sat, Dec 10GeorgetownABC
Mon, Dec 12MonmouthACCN
Sat, Dec 17CornellACCN
Tues, Dec 20PittsburghESPNU
Sat, Dec 31Boston CollegeACCN
Tues, Jan 3at LouisvilleESPNNews
Sat, Jan 7at VirginiaACCN
Wed, Jan 11Virginia TechRSN / YES
Sat, Jan 14Notre DameACCN
Mon, Jan 16at MiamiACCN
Sat, Jan 21at Georgia TechRSN / YES
Tues, Jan 24North CarolinaESPN
Sat, Jan 28at Virginia TechACCN
Mon, Jan 30VirginiaESPN
Sat, Feb 4at Boston CollegeACCN
Wed, Feb 8at Florida StESPN / 2 / U
Tues, Feb 14NC StateACCN
Sat, Feb 18DukeESPN
Wed, Feb 22at ClemsonACCN
Sat, Feb 25at PittsburghACCN
Tues, Feb 28Georgia TechRSN / YES
Sat, Mar 4Wake ForestRSN / YES
Mar 7-11ACCT (at Greensboro)
Today's game was on ACCNX. I watched via the ESPN app, and I don't subscribe to ESPN+.

I have YouTube TV, so no YES. I don’t want to jump through the hoops to get it for a couple of games.
I signed into the ESPN app using my youtube credentials and was able to watch the game. It said it was an ACCNX game and let me through. Not sure if you tried that?

I signed into the ESPN app using my youtube credentials and was able to watch the game. It said it was an ACCNX game and let me through. Not sure if you tried that?
Like OX says, when a game is being televised by the RSNs, it will not be available on the ESPN app unless you are in a market that does not have a RSN that signed up for the ACC package sold by Raycom. It is all about location.

Like OX says, when a game is being televised by the RSNs, it will not be available on the ESPN app unless you are in a market that does not have a RSN that signed up for the ACC package sold by Raycom. It is all about location.
I am in Philly Suburbs so that makes sense. Crazy that I can watch the game but Cuse community cannot.

You must live "out of market".

Since I live in an area covered by one of the RSN's I had no choice but to watch on YES.
I am in Central PA, so I am probably out of market. If I had cable (I have YouTube TV), YES would not be in my channel lineup.

I am in Central PA, so I am probably out of market. If I had cable (I have YouTube TV), YES would not be in my channel lineup.

You're definitely in the dead zone.

You're not in the YES footprint. You're not in the MASN footprint. And there didn't appear to be a RSN in Pennsylvania that wanted to carry the game.

So you got to use the ACCNX stream.

DateOpponentTV
Mon, Nov 7LehighACCNX
Mon, Nov 21RichmondESPN2
Sat, Nov 26BryantACCNX
Tues, Dec 6OaklandACCN